COMESA is Currently Recruiting in Zambia: IT Expert
COMMON MARKET FOR EASTERN AND SOUTHERN AFRICA (COMESA) SECRETARIATE
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITIONS UNDER THE COMESA YELLOW CARD/REGIONAL CUSTOMS TRANSIT GUARANTEE (RCTG CARNET)
Ref: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) is a regional grouping of 21 African States which have agreed to promote regional integration through trade development and transport facilitation. COMESA has several Intuitions, instruments, and programmers designed to promote and achieve its mission of economic and social progress in the Member States through integration in all field of development. This includes the Regional Third Party Motor Vehicle Insurance Scheme (COMESA Yellow Card) which facilitates trade, transport, and transit in the CO MESA Region.
More information can be obtained from the COMESA website www.comesa.int. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced professionals for the following post.
Below are the requirements of the post (job description and job specification):
Job Title: IT Expert (Full-time) for Digital YC and RCTG MIS
Job Grade: P3
Salary: COM$48,575 – COM$59,703 per annum, with allowances
Division: Yellow Card & Regional Customs Transit Guarantee
Duty Station: Lusaka
Commencement Date: May, 2019
Report To: The Chief Programme Officer
- Manage and maintain the digital Yellow Card Management Information System (YC-MIS) and Regional Customs Transit Guarantee Management Information System (RCTG-M IS);
- Regularly review and update the YC-MIS and the RCTG-MIS;
- Carry out integrations of the YC-MIS and RCTG-MIS with National & Regional Systems;
- Enhance and incorporate system features upon request by the system users;
- Spearhead in the development and integration of YC-MIS with National Bureaux Insurance Systems of Primary Insurance Companies;
- Attend to users queries on the YC-MIS and RCTG-MIS;
- Review the administrative and user guides of the YC-MIS and RCTG-MIS;
- Enhance the functionalities of systems (YC-MIS and RCTG-MIS) to address issues and concerns and meet the demand of the stakeholders;
- Research and recommend relevant software tools for management of the YC-MIS/RCTG-MIS;
- Train users on MC-MIS and RCTG-MIS;
- Implement COM ESA Secretariat IT Policies and requirement; and
- Any other related duties that may be assigned to the IT Expert by the Chief Programme Officer or the Assistant Secretary-General (Programmes) from time to time.
- University degree in Computer Science, and
- Industry-approved certification in web technology, web design, and web-based application development.
- A minimum of five (5) years hands-on experience in programming, design, and development of web-based applications, evidence of applications developed should be provided.
In addition, the applicants should demonstrate:
- Understanding of fundamentals of Computer Science and
- Software Engineering principals;
- Advanced Java development skills especially using frameworks such as JAX-RS, Java EE 8 and Hibernate;
- Good knowledge of XML, JSON, (X)HTML, PHP programming and SQL is required;
- Good understanding of REST Architecture;
- Experience in working with any of the following databases:
- MySQL, Oracle or MSSQL;
- Good knowledge of Web and Application Servers (Wildfly, Apache Web server, TomcatApplication Server);
- Sound experience of working with Unix/ Linux Operating Systems (CentOS/Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 .x);
Ability to work independently and in teams with minimum supervision
ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICATION
The positions are open to Zambia nationals
FINAL DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS
Applications MUST be submitted through the National Bureau.
Applications submitted directly to the COMESA Secretariat will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY THROUGH EMAIL OR AS HARD COPIES TO THE ADDRESS BELOW.
Accordingly, short-listed candidates by the National Bureaux should reach the address below by the 22nd March, 2019 at least by 18.00 hours Lusaka time.
COMESA Yellow Card National Bureau of Zambia
C/O ZS IC General Insurance Limited
P.O. Box 30894
Lusaka – Zambia
Email: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]