Contract Engineers Wanted at Zambezi River Authority
Zambezi River Authority is seeking highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean nationals to fill the vacancies in a newly created Projects Section under the Projects and Dam Safety Department to be based in Kariba, Zimbabwe. The employees under the Projects Section will immediately be assigned to the Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project.
Position Purpose / Summary:
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager – Projects, the Contracts Engineer will ensure consistent management of all proposals and contracts including oversight of the contract management process, development of specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiation and document management.
- Overseeing project contract development and management activities and enforcing principles of integrity and compliance.
- Ensuring that contracts and proposals are properly entered into the Authority’s database and securely maintained.
- Drafting of contractual provisions based on project strategy and the Authority’s needs and expectations.
- Ensuring proper handover of contract documentation from tendering to project execution and assisting the teams in ensuring that contract documentation is fully understood and properly executed.
- Highlighting any major contractual risks or issues in any contract and during its execution to the Senior Manager – Projects and ensuring that risks are managed and properly mitigated.
- Ensuring adherence to risk management and approval procedures.
- Identification, preparation, negotiation and execution of all variation orders and other contractual claims such as insurance with Contractors / Consultants.
- Reviewing contractual performance of the Authority and other parties, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of contracts and identifying conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal.
- Maintaining deadlines on deliverables and communicating on an ongoing basis with internal clients and business partners about contractual issues.
- Engaging relevant stakeholders in negotiations involving legal or regulatory requirements, contract standards, and cost targets.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant Post Graduate in Project Management as added advantage
- Membership of a Professional Body
- 6 years of relevant experience of which at least 5 years should relate to project execution
Other key attributes
- Leadership skills
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
- Decision-making skills
- Operational effectiveness
- Influence and interpersonal effectiveness
- Effective communication
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Fixed Term Renewable Contract
Written application letters together with detailed CVs and certified photocopies of academic & professional certificates should be forwarded to:
The Senior Manager – Human Resource and Administration,
Zambezi River Authority,
Club Chambers, Nelson Mandela Avenue,
P O Box 630
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS WILL BE APRIL 24, 2017
(ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED)