We currently have a career opportunity for a DRIVER (x1).
About the role
Reporting to the Supervisor – Transport, based at our Kitwe Head Office. You will drive any assigned Company vehicles to transport authorized staff and freight in a timely, safe and courteous manner.
What will you be expected to do to reach success & optimal performance:
- Inspect vehicles for roadworthiness before use and drive a range of Company vehicle to transport authorized staff and freight in a timely, safe and in a courteous manner.
- Strictly follow delivery or pick-up instructions as directed by the supervisor or other relevant official and record details thereof.
- Identify and report vehicle defects and accidents to the supervisor and other relevant personnel and take further action as appropriate, for further action.
- Strictly adhere to all road and road traffic legislation and regulations and applicable Company Transport Policy, procedures and cardinal rules.
- Carry out all work tasks and assignments in strict compliance with applicable HSE policies and standards.
- Participate as an effective team member in working collaboratively with leaders, peers and relevant others to achieve business objectives.
To be successful in this role, you require:
- A Grade 12 School Certificate.
- A valid SADC Class CE Driver’s License.
- At least 3 years of a professional full-time chauffeur or driving experience.
- An overall accident-free driving record for 5 years.
- Thorough knowledge of Zambian road traffic legislation, regulations and cardinal rules and familiarity with driving conditions and restrictions.
- Sound knowledge of road networks in the major cities and towns of Zambia and thoroughly acquainted with the layout of Kitwe and other Copperbelt towns.
- Proven ability to read road maps and road signs effectively and plan routes to unfamiliar destinations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic automotive inspection and maintenance procedures and working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Proven ability to drive both manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
- Physical stamina to sit and remain alert while driving for an aggregate or continuous period of up to eight (8) hours.
- Well-disposed to short notice in the assignment of trips, tight delivery schedules and driving in all kinds of weather.
If you have the relevant experience & skills as indicated above, kindly email your application to [email protected] Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the file name of your application (e.g., Kwibisa Mwewa_Driver). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The Closing Date is Wednesday, 14 November 2018.
Applicants are requested to provide daytime contact telephone numbers.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Who We Are
The Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc (“CEC”), is a Zambian incorporated and publicly traded power transmission, generation, distribution, and supply company; accounting for around 50% of national power consumption. CEC is a major developer of energy infrastructure in Africa and a leading international power trader in Southern Africa.
The Company owns and operates over 1,000 kilometers of high voltage transmission lines and 42 substations covering all towns in Zambia’s mineral-rich region of the Copperbelt, and owns the Zambian portion of the transmission interconnector with the Democratic Republic of Congo, which enables transportation of power within the Southern African region.