Customer Relations & Marketing Officer Job at Care Cooperative Savings and Credit Society Ltd (CareCoop)
Care Cooperative Savings and Credit Society Limited (hereinafter “CareCoop”) came into being in 1995 based on an agreement signed by three organizations namely, CARE International in Zambia, Plan International and PULSE Holdings Limited. CareCoop has continued to draw its membership from staff of these organizations. Following the amendments of the Cooperative By-Laws in 2004, CareCoop opened to any other interested Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO). It later opened its doors to other organizations which are not in the NGO sector.
Members of NGO sector are considered Associate Members. Since its formation in 1995 CareCoop has offered various services to its members which are mainly savings and loan products. The benefits of being a CareCoop member include; loans at favorable interest rates, different types of loans, interest on savings, dividends on shares held by members, and variety of products provided to members to suite various circumstances.
From an initial 50 members in 1995, CareCoop has grown to over 4,000 active members as at 31 December 2018, with a balance sheet of over ZMW78million.
The Customer Relations & Marketing Officer is a full-time position that reports directly to the Business Development Manager. This position will be responsible for customer care and marketing activities towards growing Society membership, develop competitive products for members and carry out product awareness campaigns, all geared to growing Society’s profitability.
- To monitor implementation of the CareCoop’s strategic plan as relates to customer relations and marketing. Identify market niches and craft appropriate strategies for reaching existing and potential members.
- Identify target and potential member organizations and design ways to consistently communicate the CareCoop brand and loan products in all marketing activities.
- Conduct marketing activities based on knowledge of the customers segments and target market, to deliver products and services that satisfy the market segments.
- Develop and implement appropriate communication and public relations strategies.
- Oversee the design, execution, and communication of primary marketing research studies to evaluate specific performance, CareCoop positioning, competitive positioning and customer profiling as well as managing the analysis and interpretation of secondary research data to provide direction for strategic plans.
- To ensure that customer service is administered in accordance with CareCoop policy and standards, in a mutually beneficial manner, to ensure lasting goodwill between the CareCoop and all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage publications including but not limited to writing speeches, annual financial statements, periodic newsletters, brochures, annual reports, etc.
- Explaining to customers the different types of loans, share offers and savings available and their respective terms and conditions, including eligibility.
- Carry out customer satisfaction surveys, analyzing customer suggestions and making recommendations to Management for implementation.
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Marketing, Customer Relations, Business Management, Commerce. Bachelors’ Degree will be an added advantage.
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Marketing (ZIM).
- Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Motivated and rewarded by helping others perform at highest levels in service of the organization and its mission.
- Reliable, self-motivated, focused, positive attitude, flexible, and proactive
- Ability to identify creative solutions that address time, budget, quality, with demonstrated skill in negotiation. Sound judgement in decision-making and exceptional boundaries related to confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, email, phone, status reports, managing documents, remote meetings). Comfort with using MS Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet search tools)
Years of Experience
- 3 years relevant work experience
How to Apply
Kindly send your application letter and a copy of the Curriculum Vitae, with 3 traceable referees via email only to the following address: Care Cooperative Savings and Credit Society Ltd, Plot 9696, Off Munali Road, Chudleigh, Lusaka. Email [email protected] Deadline is 25th April 2019. The subject line for the email must be ‘Customer Relations & Marketing Officer Application’.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]