DAI Global LLC Latest Job Vacancy in Zambia: HR and Administration Assistant
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
1. Project Background:
The Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Program is a cross-ministry and multi-donor program to reduce stunting in Zambia. The National Food and Nutrition Commission (NFNC) implements SUN as part of the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) 1,000 Most Critical Days Program. SUN 2.0, the second phase of the program, has three major components: (1) Pooled Multi-Donor SUN Fund, (2) SUN Technical Assistance (SUN TA), and (3) SUN Learning and Evaluation. Working in parallel with the SUN Fund, the USAID/Zambia SUN TA program will provide support and direct technical assistance to sub-national local government officials in target districts to plan, implement, coordinate, and monitor integrated nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific activities to significantly reduce the rate of stunting among Zambian children under two.
2. Location: Lusaka, Zambia
The HR and Administration Assistant is responsible for handling routine administrative and clerical tasks within the Lusaka office and supporting HR and recruitment functions.
4. Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Handle routine administrative tasks, to include calls, mail, and electronic communications and routing messages and information to appropriate individuals.
- Coordinate logistical support and assist with project staff travel, such as hotel booking, ticket reservation, and car arrangement.
- Support office in the distribution of invitations, letters, meeting minutes and other printed material as needed.
- Support office with printing, copying, and binding materials.
- Ensure that project staff needs for office equipment, supplies, and furniture are met.
- Ensure project staff administrative needs are met and office guests are greeted graciously.
- Solicit bids and quotes from vendors, and prepare procurement requests as needed.
- Support procurement of office supplies and consumables.
- Maintain office inventory trackers and coordinate equipment maintenance with the relevant departments
- Other admin duties as may be assigned by the Officer and HR Associate.
- Support the HR and Operations Specialist with human resources tasks, including recruitment, hiring, employee on-boarding, and staff orientation, in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, DAI policies, and local labor laws.
- Under the direction of the HR and Operations Specialist, advertise vacancies, shortlist resumes, schedule interviews, collect required candidate documents, conduct reference checks, and salary history verifications.
- Maintain the Human Resources section of the SUN TA Field Operations Manual, ensuring on-going updates as needed.
- Maintain the TAMIS HR/Personnel Module with personnel files for all short- and long-term project staff.
- Other HR duties as may be assigned by the HR and Operations Specialist.
5. Reporting and Supervision:
The HR and Administration Assistant directly reports to the HR and Operations Specialist.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience
- Experience with USAID human resources, procurement policy, and/or logistics preferred
- Ability to apply laws, regulations, and instructions and interpret DAI and USAID policy
- Ability to perform high-level duties with minimum supervision
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Fluency in English is required
Click here to apply