DAPP Zambia Latest Job Recruitment: Farm Supervisor x2
- Company: DAPP Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture, and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organizations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organizations.
DAPP in Zambia is recruiting experienced farm supervisors to supervise the successful running of mixed farms of crops and livestock located in Mkushi (01) and Chibombo (01).
1. Main roles and responsibilities
- Plans, develops, and directs the operations of major farming functions such as crop, livestock, or dairy herd management
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of farm employees and external labour
- Maintains safe working practices
- Ensures welfare of livestock and crop husbandry
- Ensures proper feed management for the livestock
- Ensures proper production performance throughout all the seasons
- Ensures that the farm is profitable and meets projected financial targets
- Timely ordering of supplies, tools, and equipment necessary for the work
- Arranges the maintenance and repair of farm equipment and buildings
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work
2. Desirable skills
- Ability to detect and treat animal diseases
- Ability to train, instruct, and supervise farm personnel
- Ability to plan and direct farm operations
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Financial ability necessary for farm operations
- Ability to use farm equipment and to undertake basic repairs
- Thorough knowledge of safety precautions and occupational hazards of farming.
- Thorough knowledge of farm tools and equipment
- Thorough knowledge of the general practices and procedures used in the various types of farming
- Thorough knowledge of animal or plant diseases and proper treatment
- Able to carry out manual duties
- Should have at least a certificate in farm management/agriculture, or similar from recognized institution
- Should have worked in a similar position for at least 3 years
- Should have demonstratable knowledge and skills of caring for livestock and crop husbandry
4. Application Method
- Applications with detailed CVs and minimum 3 referees must be received by 28th February, 2019.
- The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document, and the applicant’s name must be the name of the document.
- Indicate the job title as the subject of your email as well as your preferred location.
- Please indicate your current salary and benefits in the cover letter.
- Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
How to Apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.