ZESCO Limited is a vertically integrated electricity utility, which generates, transmits, distributes and supplies electricity in Zambia. It is a public utility, with the Government of the Republic of Zambia being a sole shareholder.Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:-
Database Administrator (X1) M7
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Registered member of the EIZ.
- Three (03) years post qualification experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Oracle database administration certified professional or Microsoft SQL Server certified professional.
- Good understanding of database theory and design.
- Excellent understanding of structured query language (SQL) e.g. SQL or Transact-SQL.
- Excellent understanding of database management systems such as RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems), OODBMS (Object Oriented Database Management Systems) and XML Database Management Systems.
- Good understanding of Distributed Computing Architectures.
- General understanding of Operating Systems such as Windows or UNIX.
- General understanding of Storage Technologies and Networking.
- General understanding of Routine Maintenance, recovery and handling failover of a database.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of their certificates together with contact phone numbers to;
The Director of Human Resources & Administration
P O Box 33304
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 30 November 2016