Development Aid from People to People is Currently Recruiting in Zambia: Accounts Clerk
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of District Coordinator for the Rural Resilience Initiative Project which is a global strategic partnership managed under the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to enable vulnerable rural households increase their food security and income in the context of increasing climate risks.
The Initiative is built on an innovative model that combines four risk management strategies (R4): disaster risk reduction, micro insurance, access to credit, and savings. The R4 Rural Resilience Initiative started operating in Zambia in July 2014 and is presently reaching 10,600 farmers in Pemba, Monze and Namwala Districts in Southern Province.
The R4 district teams consist of 1 District Coordinator, 1 District Facilitator, 1 Data Clerk, Accounts Clerk and 5 to 10 Project Leaders based in the field each working with 500 farmers. The District Coordinator will lead this team and will additionally work with the Ministry of Agriculture, specifically 5 to 10 Camp Extension Officers each working together with a Project Leader.
The project further works with and coordinates with the private sector providing financial services, insurance and input and marketing of agriculture products and produce.
The project cooperates with the DAPP Headquarters and Partnership Office, the R4 WFP Country team in Zambia and in coordination with the R4 Global team.
Duty Station: The Accounts Clerk will be stationed in Monze district of Southern province.
The position is tenable in Monze
- Certificate in Accountancy
- Knowledge of the Pastel Accounting, or similar financial accounting package
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA)
- One year post qualification experience
Duties and essential job functions for Accounts Clerk
- Review and ensure prompt retirement of receipts from the projects and send to the Project Accountant
- Alert the Project Accountant of any challenges from, or with the Project
- Ensure that all relevant information entered, or correspondence with the donor partners is maintained on a respective file for the respective donor
- Ensure that monthly reports are reviewed for data quality, and work directly and promptly with the Project leaders to correct any inaccuracies.
- Analyze and balance/creditors balances on the Cash Book and make sure it is signed out by the Project Leader and send copies to the Project Accountant
- Prepare receipts, ensuring that they reconcile with the revenue and system reports, reviewing supporting documentation, that is, ensuring that funds received from the partners have been receipted
- Process and review receipts and travel expense reports related to the Project
- Work on other Projects as assigned in order to broaden scope and appreciation of what, and how other projects are undertaken
- Provide year-end support of external auditors requirements, which may include vouching and reconcilement
- Manage petty cash
- Maintaining monthly, a weekly and daily report of transactions
Applying for this opportunity
- Applications with detailed CVs and minimum 3 referees must be received by 16th February, 2019.
- The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document, and the applicant’s name must be the name of the document.
- Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
- Please indicate your current remuneration in the cover letter.
- Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
- Please submit applications to these emails: [email protected]mbia.org with a copy to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]