Development Bank of Zambia Latest Job Vacancy: Procurement Officer
The Development Bank of Zambia (DBZ) is a development finance institution that influences the environment for access to finance for development by offering innovative, tailor made financing solutions, advisory and technical support to viable local enterprises.
The Bank is looking for suitably qualified persons to apply for the following positions:
PROCUREMENT OFFICER (1)
The Procurement Omcer will facilitate the timely acquisition of goods and services in line with the Public Procurement Act No.12 of 2008 to meet organizational requirements in a systematic and cost-effective manner. To ensure safe custody and high levels of accountability for all stores.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely Preparation of Procurement Plans and submission to ZPPA
- Coordinate the development of specifications with User Departments
- Provide guidance to Users in the raising of Purchase Requisitions
- Preparation of Solicitation Documents & obtaining approval
- Selection of appropriate Procurement Methods
- Advertising Tenders to have a wider appeal
- Leading in the evaluation of tenders and preparation of Evaluation Reports
- Assist in preparing Procurement Committee papers for submission to the Procurement Committee as directed by the Supervisor
- Circulate Procurement Committee papers to Procurement Committee Members
- Assist with the timely preparation of Procurement Committee Minutes
- Assist with timely preparation of Quarterly Reports for onward submission to ZPPA
- Source goods and services as per approved PR Forms in line with the ZPPA Act and Regulations and other regulations that might come into play e.g.: AfDB, World Bank etc.
- Assist in preparation of Departmental Monthly Reports
- Ensure enough stocks are held or strategies for timely procurement are in place on the continuous basis including e-GP.
- Assist in setting procedures and guidelines for stock keeping including raking
- Conduct stock takes periodically, and stock takes-annually with independent teams,
- Any Other Duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor Education
Experience and Qualifications
- First Degree from a reputable University plus
- Graduate Diploma of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, CIPS, OR First Degree in Purchasing & Supply from a reputable University
- Working Knowledge of the Public Procurement Act
- Valid membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply/Zambia
- Institute of Purchasing & Supply (ZIPS)
Other Attributes or Desirable Skills
- Must be honest and possess a high level of integrity
- Planning and organization skills
- Negotiation skills
- Report writing skills
- Digital Competencies
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should submit applications, CVs and copies of certificates to the undersigned:
The Head of Human Resource Procurement & Administration,
Development Bank of Zambia,
PO Box 33955,
Applications should be received not later on 24th August 2018.