Director of Human Resources Job In Zambia
InterContinental Hotel offers guests an unforgettable experience with a world class service. The hotel has 224 guest rooms, 20 suites, 7 meeting rooms and 2 restaurants as well as facilities such as a modern gym, 3 tennis courts and an outdoor swimming pool. InterContinental Hotel offers a choice of places to eat with a range of menus. Retail units and office space are available for companies to rent. Everything you would expect from this international chain.
Director of Human Resources
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This role reports directly to the General Manager, InterContinental Hotel Lusaka. Under the guidance and supervision of the General Manager or delegate and within the limits of established InterContinental Hotels Group policies and procedures, implements Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Familiarizes and enforces local HR policies and procedures
- Liaises with individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, Union representatives, attorneys, applicants, government officials, colleges and universities, competitors and other members of the local community
- Manage the Human Resource Department, ensuring compliance with all Corporate, area and hotel policies and procedures; and current local and government regulations pertaining to employment practices
- Ensures clear lines of communication exist to disseminate information affecting employer – employee relations, employee activities and hotel policies and programmes
- Prepares and submits periodic reports for management’s use in accordance with Corporate and government requirements, such as turnover reports, personnel inventories, absenteeism reports, health and safety, accident reports etc.
- Maintains and updates files on employee records, legal documents and other Personnel matters, efficiently and confidentiality
- Develops and implements recruiting and screening systems and procedures in order to attract qualified candidates for position vacancies
- Monitors the administration of the Performance Appraisal Programme and acts in an advisory capacity to hotel department heads on the process
- Participates in the IHG Management Development and Succession Planning process by recommending candidates as appropriate.
- Regularly analyses hotel manpower requirements and recommends selection and development activities to meet those requirements.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of improved methods of work and better utilisation of staff in all areas
- Counsels Colleagues as needed in areas such as Career Planning, Training and Development, Employee Relations and Legal issues related to personnel
- Implements and monitors an effective Employee Relations and Welfare programme in the hotel
- Ensures all staff facilities are maintained in good order and meet hotel’s cleanliness standards
- Reviews hotel benefits and compensation levels in comparison with service sector competitors and makes recommendations to ensure the hotel remains competitive within the local employment market as appropriate
- Educated to a degree level or above
- Minimum of 5 years senior HR experience within complex environments
- Must be a Zambian national
Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong understanding/experience of Hotel Operations in a multi-cultural environment, experience of working with metrics and measurement to drive HR improvement and evaluate effectiveness of initiatives.