Dranetworks Job Vacancies in Zambia: Second Level Support Engineer VAS
- Company: Dranetworks
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
The candidate will be responsible for VAS Operations, High-level support and Project support.
- Service Management: Responsible for managing Operations for MS VAS and to provide 2nd level support – 24x7x365
- Platform Administration: To pro-actively monitor, manage and optimize resource/capacity utilization.
- Would also be in charge of performance monitoring and Statistical Reporting.
- Revenue Assurance: To ensure compliance to data security standards and revenue assurance.
- Incident management: To ensure fault reporting and escalation.
- Availability Management: To monitor and manage Systems to ensure an end to end service availability as per platform KPI.
- Supplier Management: To provide trouble ticket escalation to relevant suppliers.
- Reporting: To provide Technical, Performance and Statistical Reporting of the above support systems.
- Standby: To ensure team schedule for after hour’s standby for Value Added Services and AM Division.
Role & Responsibilities
- Analyze, enhance and manage day to day operations of VAS platforms such as Messaging, Roaming, Data and Voice applications
- Resolve application problems within agreed SLA’s and coordinates users’ requirements
- Actualize policies and procedures guiding the VAS applications to ensure that integrity of applications are not compromised, and maintain optimum security of all data in the platform for business continuity and contingency planning purpose
- Work closely with the vendors during projects implementation and ensure business requirements are properly implemented
- Develop and maintain documentation for supporting infrastructure.
- Supervise and ensure knowledge improvement of L1 resource
- Manage Client communication with Technical, Business, and Sr. Mgmt. at Operator
- Responsible to deliver all Contractual scope and meeting KPIs/SLAs with no penalty
- Responsible for adhering to all Processes related to Operations
- Perform periodic Governance reviews with client and KPI/SLA sign-offs with them
- Co-ordinates with various internal stakeholders for all deliveries
- Manage Local Operations teams & Review customer feedback with team
Competencies & Qualification
- Holding a bachelor degree/ Master Degree in Tech preferable BE/BSC/B-Tech/MCA.
- Minimum of 5 years technical experience
- In-depth knowledge of Value Added Services and Telco environment
- System Administration (Unix & Windows)
- Unix scripting
- Knowledge of Signaling, SS7,
- Knowledge of Roaming protocols, messaging protocols SMPP, HTTP etc.
- IP networking and routing
- Skilled in Database Performance Tuning, Database Security, Database Management and Data Maintenance.
- Interpersonal and team management skills.
Salary range in USD: 2,000 – 2,500
How to Apply
Submit your CV to [email protected]