Driver/ Administrative Assistant Job Vacancy
CARE is an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization, dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. CARE International Zambia has vacancies available under the Scaling Up Nutrition Intervention (SUNI-EU) at Community and District Levels in Choma and Kalomo districts of Zambia. This is a Forty-two (42) months European Commission funded project (2016 – 2020) whose overall objective is to contribute to reducing maternal and child undernutrition in Zambia. The project is expected to contribute directly to the improved health of approximately 30,000 children under 2 years, 18,000 pregnant and Lactating women (PLW), 400 community volunteers and 25 GRZ staff. This project will support the Government of Zambia in addressing undernutrition through scaling up of a multi-sectoral approach combining sustainable Agriculture, Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
CARE International in Zambia under European Commission funded Scaling Up Nutrition Interventions Project is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced staff for the following position:
DRIVER / ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The successful candidate will support the Scaling Up Nutrition Management Unit in driving services and Administrative duties
- To carry out logistical activities; record and prepare minutes of meetings; filling, organize meetings, workshops; fleet management.
- Data entry of SUN procured assets/commodities.
- Monitor usage of office supplies/stationery
- Make requests for supplies replenishment
- The driver will be responsible to park the vehicle at designated safe parking areas
- Ensure that all refueling is properly receipted and the log book is completed
- Ensue that the CARE vehicle is kept tidy at all times
- Observe road traffic rules and regulations
- Ensure that passengers on the vehicle adhere to safety precautions (wearing of seat belts)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Grade B, C, and EC 1 valid and clean driving license.
- 3 years working experience.
- Certificate in relevant Administration field
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in applying a gender equality approach
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Suitably qualified and interested Choma residents are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs, with day time telephone numbers should be sent to:
Director – Program Support Services, CARE International in Zambia, Plot 9, Chitemwiko Close, Kabulonga, P.O. Box 36238, LUSAKA;
Or to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday, 18th November, 2016