DuPont Job Vacancies in Zambia: Logistics Coordinator
- Company: DuPont
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
PANNAR has an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Coordinator to join our company. In this role, you will be responsible for the processing and execution of all import and export orders. You will lead all activities related to imports and exports, including triangular shipping processes, regulatory requirements, and phytosanitary requirements. You will be the liaison between import and export entities and plant operations. The incumbent will also coordinate transport and loading schedules with cross-border transporters.
Requirements to be met:
· Coordinate movement of product and serve as a key contact point between moderately sized supply, sales or distribution operations locations. Coordination may include interplant movement, sales provider delivery or import/export operations. Requires cross-functional coordination with production, conditioning, packaging and warehouse personnel in a site setting or coordination with site logistics and outside carriers, sales providers, area offices and other site locations where the focus is transportation. Coach, support and develop employees in your team in a manner that fosters effective collaboration and teamwork, demonstrating and modeling the Company’s Values. Enable and encourage work colleagues to leverage their full potential and achieve business results.
· Coordinate shipping and logistics processes and manpower planning. Complete and maintain records, documents or reports (e.g. ISO, grower records, inventory records, phytosanitary records, shipping documents etc.). Contact shipping agencies, transport companies, customers or customs clearance to confirm logistical documentation or verify delivery prices and schedules. Complete all necessary paperwork required for import-export activities of all products. Track the order process from end to end reporting order status
· Ensure that transporters and other vendors/suppliers abide by the safety regulations on site
· May train and supervise full and part-time employees, temporary or seasonal workers (sometimes only for portions of the year). The number varies by geography, location and time of year due to seasonal nature of the business. Provide coaching and advice on how to execute logistical details. Monitor and provide feedback on employee performance.
· May assist in carrying out purchasing function by evaluating and maintaining existing sources of supplies/services, developing and selecting new sources of supply/service, entering and placing orders, following up and expediting orders, compiling reports etc.
The following Qualifications are required:
- Two-year technical diploma/degree or equivalent or college/university degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and two years experience in transportation and logistics.
- A Supply Chain Management and Purchasing and Supply Diploma would be advantageous.
- Basic supply chain and business knowledge. The process requires a prompt response when dealing with multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including professional telephone skills.
- Team building and networking, problem resolution, and customer service skills.
- Accuracy and high attention to detail are important.
- Ability anticipates and promptly react to trends and communicate associated information up and down the supply chain.