FHI 360 seeks an Economic Strengthening and Financial Literacy Specialist for a USAID Zambia Feed the Future program that aims to reduce stunting in two targeted districts through increased and improved quality of dietary and health conditions for better utilization of nutrients. The program seeks to influence nutritional outcomes through an integrated approach that emphasizes household and community level interventions and social and behavior change mechanisms for maximum saturation and impact. Activities will support increased access to and consumption of nutrient-dense and protein-rich food, optimal infant and young child feeding practices, and access to clean water and appropriate and effective health, family planning and nutrition services.
Job ID 17523
- Provide technical guidance on household-level economic strengthening, social protection, financial literacy and related issues, and work with stakeholders to identify gaps and devise tailored solutions that are accessible, appropriate and affordable
- Establish strong relationships and work closely (or establish) with informal groups (VSLAs, Savings Groups, etc.) to develop capacity and link women and youth to these groups to stimulate household savings, provide loan product knowledge and awareness, and improve household-level financial management
- Work closely with the SBCC Specialist to ensure development of appropriate messaging for public awareness raising and development of tools and content for financial literacy or education materials through a variety of channels for literate, semi-literate and illiterate populations and other household level economic strengthening content
- Assess and monitor the overall quality of the portfolio of target savings groups and entities to identify gaps for capacity building and technical assistance needs as relate to management of finances and membership
- Develop contribute inputs to annual work plans and all relevant communications and required client reporting mechanisms in close collaboration with field program staff
- Six years experience in financial education, literacy and household-level economic strengthening initiatives, especially for smallholder farmer groups, women and youth
- University degree in finance, economics, business, international relations or related field
- Knowledge of the Zambian agricultural sector and/or nutrition, or similar Feed the Future initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in economic strengthening, financial literacy, access to finance, or related work in Zambia
- Knowledge of and experience in financial product development (informal) in cooperation with Savings Groups, SACCOs, and with mobile banking, or similar
- Demonstrated experience developing and integrating inclusive-related content and messaging in communications, tools and training materials
- USAID experience preferred
How to apply
Submit CV and cover letter to the email address provided and state the job title being applied for in the subject line and visit the link provided for the full job description.