Economy and Administration Assistant Job
A locally registered and managed Zambian organization, DAPP implements development projects across all provinces of Zambia. We employ more than 800 staff and our work benefits more than 1.5 million Zambians annually. DAPP’s programmes focus on health, education, HIV and AIDS prevention and care, community development, food security and agriculture. The organization works in close cooperation with the Government of Zambia and with local and international partners to secure improved living conditions for communities and individuals. DAPP now invites applications for the positions below.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Provides first check for payment authorisation on behalf of the Expansion Coordinator (Head of department)
- Scrutinises and checks invoices for accuracy, check goods and services which have been received
- Resolves any invoice discrepancies detected
- Liaises with and reviews budgets and expenditure as necessary with the Expansion Coordinator and prepares monthly reports and other data as required.
- Assists the Expansion Coordinator with the end of month accounts and in the preparation for the end of year audit.
- Assists with the Reconciling of Bank accounts by ensuring all transactions detailed on the bank statements are accurate with monies deposited and withdrawn throughout the respective month
- Assists with the cash flow and annual budget allocations and the preparation of financial reports for management and audit purposes
- Monitors payments against bank statements and ensures correct coding and reports errors or anomalies detected
- Monitors accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Checks expense claims for staff in accordance with the appropriate entitlement and arrangement payment/reimbursement
- Participates in planning and updating of weekly cashflows for DAPP Association and preparation of monthy economical status for the country programme
- Arranges travel and accommodation arrangements for the Expansion Coordinator and other staff.
- Opens, records and distributes all incoming mail and prepares and posts all outgoing mail
- Maintains appropriate filing systems, and continually updates them to meet administrative, legal and financial requirements
- Ensure sensitive information is kept confidential
- Assists with the preparation of documents for meetings and takes minutes of meetings and maintains records of the minutes
- Maintains a folder for all DAPP Procedures containing relevant, up to date procedures
- Ensure that all office equipment is always in working order, and to liaises with necessary experts to trouble shoot and rectify any faults
- Ensures that there is internet connectivity at all times, and coordinates with Internet Service Providers (ISP) to reduce or eliminate connectivity down-time.
- Certificate in Accounts or better
- Certificate in Administration/Management
- Membership of the Zambia Institution Certified Accountants (ZICA).
- Minimum of 3 years experience
Applying for these vacancies
Interested employees should submit their application letter (indicating current project) and supporting documents, preferably by email to:
DAPP in Zambia – ZAMFAM Project
Plot 27 Lukanga Road, Amaka House, Kabwe
The position title, e.g. SUBGRANTS COMPLIANCE MANAGER must be indicated in the email subject area. The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document, and must be saved in Microsoft WORD, using the applicants’ names as the document title. Applicants must state their current, or previous salary and benefits in the application letter.
Closing date: 9th December, 2016.