Elevate Zambia Latest Job Vacancy: Local Category Specialist
- Company: Elevate Zambia – It`s Possible
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: FMCG Jobs in Zambia
The Local Category Specialist is part of the relevant Procurement Category Tower.
The Local Category Specialist is responsible to ensure that strategically sourced contracts of Procurement for various categories are implemented, executed and complied with. The Local Category Specialist works in collaboration with the Procurement Category Teams to support the development and execution of category practices for all allocated categories and sub-categories as well as management of supply risk. The Local Category Specialist is the main point of interaction between Procurement Category Teams and the relevant functions of the business and any other Internal Stakeholder.
The Local Category Specialist is responsible for and takes ownership of all master data and systems compliance related to the category
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
1. Minimum requirement: National Diploma in Procurement/Logistics or equivalent high potential candidate.
Added advantage: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related field. CIPS Certification
2. 5+ years of business experience with 3 years minimum in Tactical and Operational Purchasing within an FMCG environment is an added advantage. Sound knowledge of Master Data management and its relevance and importance to the Procurement Lifecycle.
3. Recognised qualification in procurement would be considered an asset. In-depth knowledge of procurement, both strategic and operational as well as preferably working in an international environment will be a benefit.
- Business Acumen, to drive business performance.
- Master Data Management
- Commercial Acumen.
- Compliance, Governance, and Ethics.
- Change Management Skills.
- Stakeholder relationship management.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Networking, Influencing and Communication Skills.
- Project Management Skills.
- Stakeholder alignment – executes Procurement Strategically Sourced Contracts in the country, leads the contract implementation & drives contract compliance
- Perform Country / Regional Sourcing Events
- Support key sourcing initiatives and management of selected key suppliers
- Manage internal customer relationships for local categories
- Manage supplier relationships for Categories
- Inform critical decisions with regards to Strategic and Operational procurement.
- Ensure strategies are implemented, executed and managed as per categories defined by the Group Office Procurement Team.
How to Apply
Position requirements: Please submit a details CV with supporting documents and a cover letter. Only emailed applications will be accepted. Please do not apply should you not meet ALL the requirements as set out above. Market-related salaries will be paid.
Closing date for applications: 24 September 2018 @ 12:00 Please send your CV to [email protected] with vacancy title as the subject.
For enquiries please contact: Justin Kalukangu @ +260 97 6333 555 No documents will be returned – if you have not been contacted within 14 days, your application was unsuccessful