Employment Opportunity at British Council Zimbabwe
Job Title: Country Examinations Manager – Zimbabwe
Purpose of the Job:
This post is responsible for the overall management of service delivery and business development in our Examinations Services operation in Zimbabwe as well as budget management and oversight of IELTS operational activity in the supported Exams operations of Botswana and Malawi. Principal areas of responsibility include financial management, marketing and promotion, people management, compliance with quality and security standards and Examinations Services customer service.
- Accountable for delivering country targets and developing an ambitious but achievable, sustainable business growth plan for Zimbabwe.
- Exams security, quality and compliance standards must reach/exceed regional targets in Zimbabwe and supported operations.
• Conduct quarterly self-assessments and Action planning for the Quality and Compliance Assessment within the stipulated deadlines and monitor implementation progress. Paper security and quality systems in place and action plans developed and actioned.
• Existing, known risks managed effectively.
• Financial plans achieved through delivery of exams and control of costs. Use Management information, analysis and personal operating experience to identify and make recommendations on improvements to ways of working, processes, procedures and/or resources that will enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
• New business developed over the year so that a solid 2016 plan will be put into place
• The team should be supported, developed and held accountable. Identifies the team requirements and recommends training and development provision to build improved operational capability within the team
• All financial and reporting deadlines met
• Work effectively with the Country Director and broader exams team to achieve integration and a seamless service delivery for our clients and partners
Closing Date: 29/06/2016, 23:59 UK Time
Equal opportunities & Diversity: we are committed to equality of opportunity and positive action to promote it. We believe that our Equal Opportunities Policy and a Diversity Strategy help to ensure that there is no unjustified discrimination in the recruitment, retention, training and development of staff.
Child Protection: The British Council believe that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989