Family Legacy Missions Job Vacancy in Zambia: Child Protection Officer x20
- Company: Family Legacy Missions
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Family Legacy Missions Zambia is a Non-Governmental Organisation based in Lusaka, Zambia. The organization supports orphaned and vulnerable children in Zambia through education sponsorship programmes and accommodation facilities.
Suitably qualified individuals are invited to apply for the following position:
Child Protection Officer x20
The job of the Child Protection Officer is to create an environment which will enable students to feel safe and comfortable to open up when applicable. It is the responsibility of the Campus Level Child Protection Officer to ensure implementation of Family Legacy’s Child Protection policy and continue to identify and minimize unsafe situations.
- Ensure continual implementation of the Child Protection Policy
- Identify campus risks to child safety and implement improvement strategies and measures to improve said risks
- Risk assessments to be used as a regular practice in operations, people, and programs
- Identify and minimize unsafe situations in good time
- Conduct follow-ups and regular home visits
- Address on-campus staff concerns around Child Protection
- Advising of staff, students, and community on concerns/reports of child abuse
- Report on all concerns and/or incidents of child protection to direct supervisor; work with designated staff on further investigations including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate and conduct initial investigation of child abuse allegations to determine if external or internal are concerned
- Conduct follow-ups for all students who exceed the absenteeism requirement and submit reports to Campus Coordinator and/or Child
- Ensure a high standard of confidentiality in all reporting
- Practice clear communication with direct supervisors and stakeholders.
- Maintaining ongoing, up to date, and accurate records on the safety of the SP’s both on and off campus
- Conduct vulnerability assessments on SP’s and necessary follow-ups
- Maintain an updated caseload of high priority follow-ups
- Ensure all findings of an investigation are recorded and communicated to the necessary staff/departments
- Submit disclosure report forms to supervisor
- Manage SP non-academic files, which included counseling logs, steps plans, documentation of interventions, etc.
- The Employee shall also be expected to undertake any responsibilities as may be delegated by his or her supervisor.
Other skills / Success factors:
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and offering points of view.
- Ability to network and be relational
Academic and Professional Requirements:
- Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma in Social Work
How to Apply
Applications composed of CV and scanned academic certificates should be sent to [email protected], clearly labeling the position applied for in the subject line or hand delivered to plot 78/100 off lake road, Ibex Hill, Lusaka, Zambia. Closing date is 31st January 2018.