Family Legacy Missions Zambia Currently Recruiting: Assessments & Placements Officer x 2
- Company: Family Legacy Missions Zambia
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
Family Legacy Missions Zambia is a Non-Governmental Organisation based in Lusaka, Zambia. The organization supports orphaned and vulnerable children in Zambia through education sponsorship programmes and accommodation facilities.
Suitably qualified individuals are invited to apply for the following position:
Assessments & Placements Officer x 2
The job of the Assessments and Placements Officer is to conduct assessments, facilitate admissions and reintegration. The employee will be responsible for carrying out the day to day tasks within Assessments and Placements and any tasks assigned by the Deputy Program Manager and/or Program Manager.
- Conduct assessments from:
- Camp Life referrals
- Legacy Academy referrals
- Department of Social Welfare referrals
- Other government agency referrals
- Contacting Social Services officers in arranging assessments
- Facilitate the admission process at the residential facility
- Contacting Social Services officers and guardians for possible admission
- Transport for caretakers and children
- Information meeting for caretakers and children
- Ensure caretaker consent is obtained
- Conduct a reintegration assessment on each child periodically at Tree of Life to determine if the child is now eligible to return home with the family.
- When applicable, work with Tree of Life staff to prepare child to reintegrate
- Coordinating with Social Welfare on matters regarding assessments, admission, discharge, reintegration and other
- Coordinating with Tree of Life Staff when children return late; follow up on each case and provide adequate feedback
- Practice clear communication with direct supervisor and all staff
- Maintain up to date and accurate knowledge of the completed assessments and intake
- Assessment story on each child
- Caretaker Consent form
- Child Admission Letter
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Weekly Reports submitted
The Employee shall also be expected to undertake any responsibilities as may be delegated by his or her supervisor.
Academic and Professional Requirements:
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Minimum Diploma in Social Work or other Social Sciences
How to Apply:
Applications composed of CV and scanned academic certificates should be sent to [email protected], clearly labeling the position applied for in the subject line or hand delivered to plot 78/100 off lake road, Ibex Hill, Lusaka, Zambia.
Closing date is 31st January 2018.