FHI 360 Latest Job Vacancy in Zambia: Human Resources Temp
FHI360/Zambia is inviting applications from interested persons, who meet the minimum requirements to fill the following country platform position:
Position Title: Human Resource Temp (1 position) Ref: HR/31
Supervisor: Senior Human Resource Officer
The Human Resource Assistant will assist in the management of day-to-day Human Resources (HR) operations for FHI 360 activities in Zambia, including all provincial offices.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating documentation for new employee orientation, including HR checklist, employment offer, and all HR related Policy & Procedures.
- Maintain employee register and ensure updates for new hires and/or terminations are made on a regular basis.
- Maintain and update the database on personal information for all staff including updating employee dependents information, coordinating IDs for all staff.
- Assist in updating the training database and coordinating training requests for all FHI 360 Zambia staff.
- Liaise with the benefits providers like medical insurance provider on membership processing issues for FHI 360 Zambia staff and ensure the accuracy of the information on the same.
- Assist in recruitment efforts specifically in the preparation of documentation for interviews, making interview calls and coordinating recruitment outcomes e.g. recruitment summary reports, feedback to interviews and carrying out reference checks.
- Assign staff numbers and pass to Administration for identification cards & to IT for email addresses.
- File all documents appropriately into personnel files and subject files to periodic audits.
- Print and package new hire orientation package.
- Execute individual exit process including prompt terminal benefit computations & settlement.
- Support the maintenance of FHI 360 HRIS record keeping systems like TESS and Workday
- Support the verification of individual personnel file documentation to ensure it physically corresponds e.g. supporting documentation on dependents, the sighting of educational certificates, etc.
- Prepare, file, and track purchase requisitions and travel documents for the HR unit.
- Perform other relevant duties as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheets.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or other related fields.
- At least 1 year of experience in a related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player, excellent communication skills, and strong computer aptitude in Microsoft office applications, such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint is required.
- Prior experience working within an NGO environment is a plus.
- Must be registered with the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at www.fhi360.org/careers
The closing date for receiving all applications is May 21, 2019.
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.