Finance Assistant Job Vacancy at Agova
AGOVA JOB DESCRIPTION:
Agova (formerly Business Development Services Africa)
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Contract Length: 2 years
Remuneration: between K4,000 to K5,000 gross (including gratuity) plus benefits
Agova is a consultancy service and its mission is to make shared value the new way of doing business. Shared value refers to ‘a management strategy in which companies find business opportunities in social, environmental, or economic problems’. Since 2011, Agova has been delivering management and technical advice to actors in the private sector in Zambia to further the expansion of business models and norms that increase economic, social and environmental prosperity. Our mandate is to leverage capital, data and innovative ideas to develop a sustainable form of poverty reduction; we focus on creating win-win business models within our client organizations such that commercial and competitive mandates can be met while improving the livelihoods of an organization’s customer and supplier segments, who are generally the urban and rural poor and emergent agropreneurs.
This role would support many of the financial aspects of Agova and will be reporting to the Director of Operations and/or Managing Director, supported by a financial specialist and will be supported (eventually) by an office assistant.
This role is ideal for someone who is very motivated to increase their personal and professional development within a small and growing company.
Tasks could include (but are not limited to):
- Bookkeeping and filing;
- Preparing invoices and ensuring they are compliant with ZRA regulations;
- Support the preparation of contracts/letters of engagement for suppliers (tax consultants, accountant, lawyers);
- Supporting the preparation of management accounts and checking correct accounting has been done on monthly basis;
- Processing payroll;
- Withdrawing, distributing and petty cash holder for office petty cash;
- Following up with accountants/tax consultants (on random issues, on management accounts, on discrepancies that come up on tax invoices, etc.);
- Supporting the preparation of monthly cash flow projections and updating of actuals in monthly cash flow document;
- Support product and service financial modelling;
- Provide pricing support to marketing and Business Development team;
- Preparations and payment of PAYE, VAT, WHT and NAPSA; and
- Following up on delinquent client payments.
- A relevant four-year Bachelor’s degree (ideally a Master’s Degree);
- Minimum of 1.5 years of relevant work experience, in a finance role;
- Experience in with Quickbooks (preferred) and/or Sage One and Dove;
- Experience in with Dove or Belina;
- A solid understanding of Zambian tax law (for example VAT and WHT requirements);
- Experience in preparing client invoices;
- Thrives working within strict timelines and in ‘high-pressure’ environments;
- Interest in Shared Value (businesses solving social/environmental challenges by reshaping their business strategy);
- High-level of computer literacy with a solid command of Microsoft Office suite;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Has major leadership experience and demonstrated the ability to take initiative;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to design and implement work plans, within set timelines; and
- Very strong attention to detail.
- A manager to support the person in their day to day work;
- A coach to support long-term career path;
- A competitive salary;
- Communication and transport support;
- Health Insurance;
- Professional development support;
- A comprehensive training program; and
If you are interested in this position, please fill in the questionnaire found here. As well as send in by email the following documents:
Your professional CV (maximum 2 pages in length);
Your cover letter; and
A copy of your degree certificate.
To [email protected] with the subject line ‘Agova Finance Assistant’. Please address email and documents to Ms. Firth and submit by October 12th, 2018. You must be available to start at the end of October.
Please note: Due to the expected high volume of responses, applications that do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]