Finance Director Job at G4S Security Services – Zambia – May 2017
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive Market-Related Package
G4S Region: Africa
G4S Business Unit: Zambia
Closing Date: May 28, 2017
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Financial Director coordinates the provision of effective financial support services within the business, in compliance with legislation and Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure business compliance with Company Financial policies in respect of budget processes.
- Preparation and timeous submission of the region’s annual budget for Head Office approval, conforming to defined budget guidelines and principles.
- Maintenance of expenditure within approved levels by ensuring compliance with budgetary control procedures.
- Ensure business compliance with Company accounting and administrative practices, in conformance with legislation and generally accepted accounting practice.
- Timeous and accurate processing of decentralised accounting transactions on the G4S ERP system, maintaining accurate and detailed records with supporting source documentation.
- Management of the regional Accounts Receivable function, implementing effective credit control measures to ensure that cash flow is maximised.
- Preparation and timeous submission of accurate forecasts of monthly results, facilitating implementation of proactive measures to obviate unacceptable outcomes.
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information to the Managing Director
- Effective coordination of litigation, insurance and other claims.
- Development of the business’ Financial department personnel
- Effective management of subordinate personnel in terms of Performance Assessment, Skills Development and Career path planning
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (CIMA, ACCA)
- Minimum 5 years’ Senior management experience in Financial Accounting within a Multinational
We are committed to employing “Africans for Africa” which would give strong preference to local Zambian candidates.