Finance Officer Job at Lusaka YMCA
Lusaka YMCA is recruiting for the position of Finance Officer. Reporting to the Senior General Secretary (Branch Manager), the Finance Officer will be responsible for Lusaka YMCA’s accounting and financial management.
Key responsibility areas and associated tasks include:
- Preparation of payment vouchers and journal entries to input correct financial records in the Financial System
- Review and monitor project advances and ensure proper accountability of funds.
- Review all Project Outlines to ensure budget allocation conforms to approved donor budget
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly /quarterly/yearly project reports and submit for review as per grant reporting requirement
- Provide necessary documentation to support project expenditure reports.
- Provide technical support to project staff on project management and reporting
- Track and ensure compliance to donor rules and regulations
- Undertake field project monitoring visits and offer financial support where necessary
- Possession of a Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- 3-4 years experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledgeable in International Financial Reporting Standards
- Knowledge of Donor funding rules and regulations
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Power point and advanced knowledge of MS Excel,
- Ability to operate the Pastel accounting software
To apply send your 3-page CV (with names of three references including their email and day time telephone numbers), cover letter, and copies of relevant testimonials by email to: [email protected] by 1700hrs on Thursday 15th February 2017. Late applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.