FINCA International Currently Recruiting in Zambia: Delivery Channels Officer
- Company: FINCA International
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Delivery Channels Officer will provide technical support for the subsidiary’s delivery channel initiatives and active channels. They will be in charge of day to day support of the BREFT Switch & associated end-user channels. Work with the Business to develop strategies and action plans to align technology to business processes of the Company that is geared to supporting delivery channels. Analyze business requirements and translate into technology solutions. Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures related to delivery channels based on FINCA’s I.S policies.
Measure, monitor and optimize Delivery channel Services and good performance of the area as a service provider. Develop, implement and maintain Information Security Plan and Business Continuity Plan for all Delivery channel solutions
Roles, Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manage the delivery channel interface to Core Banking Application.
- Manage the subsidiary BREFT Switch application and Channels software and hardware
- Maintain above 98% system uptime for BREFT SWITCH and related Channels software and Hardware
- Ensure Functional and good health status of related databases supporting Channels
- Maintains, tests and apply patches related to BREFT Switch/ATM from vendors
- Provides support to end users on devices and switch related issue
- Work with the Regional Infrastructure Specialist, Subsidiary Network administrators and network providers to ensure that the connectivity between mobile devices and BREFT functions as expected with minimum downtime
- Working with the subsidiary Reporting Manager and Regional Reporting Specialist to ensure required business reports are developed and available to the business.
- Evaluates new technologies and implement them if appropriate for other departments and works with other technical staff to determine hardware and software needs
- Maintains security of hardware and software
- Performs backups of data and operating systems for all critical machines
- Responds to problem reports, machine crashes, hardware failures and power outages
- Take charge and ensure adequate IS Security coverage is maintained at all areas under the delivery channel domain including but not limited to data, infrastructure, networks etc.
- Work with the Regional IS Project Manager to ensure all Delivery channel projects are formally managed
- Coordinate and support provision of related IS training to system users
- Report periodically to hierarchy (ISM) about all activities on a weekly basis
- Provide specifications and standards in the procurement of IS hardware, software, and services.
- Ensure disaster preparedness of a Channels systems and hardware
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of Channels related to mobile devices
Competencies and Attributes:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies and attributes:
Analytical– Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Design– Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving– Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills– Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service– Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Change Management– Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by the change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Dependability– Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative– Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- A degree in Computer Science
- ITSM knowledge
- Experience with USSD and apps
- 2+ years of experience within a technical support environment, including hardware, software and network support.
- Over 2 years of experience in implementation and support of Delivery Channels system
- Working in a financial institution will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of ISO messaging formats and Switching Technologies.
- Experience with Windows family operating systems.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with enterprise databases (at least one of Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, and Sybase).
- Language Skills
- Fluent English: written and spoken
- Reasoning Ability
- Minimum downtime on Delivery Channel systems.
- Users are able to utilize the Delivery Channel systems to optimal levels.
- Timely and efficient implementation of Delivery Channel projects.