First Quantum Minerals Limited is Recruiting: Accounts Payable Clerk
Requisition Number: 505361
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid.
First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia.
When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers.
Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and the significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected to reach 280 – 300,000 tonnes per annum.
- Tracking budget expenses
- Data entry
- Information analysis
- General mathematics
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to deal with different currencies
- Follow up reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Ensure that the order reference from suppliers matches the actual order
- Diploma in Bookkeeping and/or Accounting
Experience & Skills:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centres by analysing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing cheques; resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting accounts transactions
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Disburse petty cash by recording entries
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Protect organisation’s value by keeping information confidential
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Guarantee customer satisfaction
- Ensure that payments are timely
- Ensure that reconciliation is sent out on time
- Must be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be dependable
Applications close: 21 Mar 2019 FLE Standard Time