First Quantum Minerals Limited is Recruiting: Senior Financial Accountant
Requisition Number: 505351
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid.
First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia.
When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers.
Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and the significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 – 300,000 tonnes per annum.
Qualifications (required for this job)
- Degree in Accounting and full professional accountancy qualification (e.g. CA Zambia, ACCA, ZICA etc.)
- Minimum five (5) years of accounting experience
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
Core Specific Responsibilities – related to this Job
Expected Deliverables from this job
- Review balance sheet reconciliations
- Develop, maintain and enforce financial controls
- Prepare financial statements
- Coordinate internal and external audits
- Coordinate monthly group reporting
- Team supervision
- Oversee preparation of statutory reports (e.g. BOZ, Ministry of Mines, ZEITI)
- Prepare/consolidate budgets
- Supervise the sales and receivables accountant (especially on Metal Sales)
- Work closely with the Group metal sales team to interpret sales contracts and develop invoicing models
- Provide coaching and appraise the performance of direct reports
- Work closely with the Mining and Processing departments in reviewing/reconciling monthly mining and production figures
- Maintain accounting/valuation models
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Must uphold the company and professional code of ethics
- Must have leadership skills
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must be confident
- Must be able to handle competing work demands
- High levels of integrity and discretion
- Must be able to work with Pronto, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Decision making
- Team building
- Knowledge and Experience required to perform in this job
The Senior Financial Accountant will require knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas:
- Analytical skills and working with volumes of data
- Well rounded understanding of Mining operations
- Expert knowledge international financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant Zambian laws and regulations (e.g. Companies’ Act, Tax laws etc.)
- Good command of the English Language (speaking and writing)
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Applications close: 20 Mar 2019 FLE Standard Time