FQM Job Vacancy in Zambia: Commercial Officer – Yard
- Company: FQM
- Location: Solwezi, Northwestern Province, Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Requisition Number: 502588
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid.
First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia.
When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers.
Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 – 300,000 tonnes per annum.
- The incumbent will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Receive, pick issue and dispatch inventory.
- Ensure the best storage and handling of warehouse goods
- Ensure that all stock movements are recorded and controlled in an accurate manner.
- Ensure all issue documentation is signed off and accurate records maintained.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Control and secure inventory; including warehouse equipment (forklift, pallet stacker, hand trucks)
- Ensure prestart checklists are done on all warehouse forklifts and trucks
- Ensure all received items from put away are binned in their respective bin locations.
- Take part in the cycle count/stocktake process.
- To ensure bin locations for new stock codes are updated in the system.
- To resolve stockyard queries in a timely manner.
- Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent
- CIPS Certificate or equivalent
Experience & Skills:
- Two years of experience
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Standby work required
- Overtime when necessary
- PC Literacy
- An understanding of the cultural and political environment
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
Applications close: FLE Standard Time