Heifer International Job Vacancy in Zambia: Social Capital Development Manager
- Company: Heifer International
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
Heifer International Zambia is recruiting to fill the position of The Social Capital Development Manager (SCDM). The SCDM will be based at the Lusaka Country office, Lusaka Province and will be responsible for the successful integration of Social Capital, and all Values-Based Holistic Development approaches into all programs/projects of Heifer International Zambia. (S)he would incorporate essentials of Social Capital including group formation, Informal Savings and Loans, and training in Heifer’s 12 cornerstones for Just and Sustainable Development, personal leadership, Participatory Self Review and Planning (PSRP) and gender justice. (S) He shall build the capacity of internal Heifer Zambia staff, Self Help Groups, cooperatives, and Partners by providing leadership and overall support to ensure quality, consistency and effective training and follow up. S/he will report to the Director of Programs (CD)
The duties include :
- Provide leadership in the implementation, incorporation, and strengthening of Heifer’s Values-Based Holistic Community Development – VBHCD including Social Capital approaches in SHGs, Milk Bulking Groups, Cooperatives, and hubs, serve as the focal point person for Social Capital;
- Keep informed on issues of socio-economic development, agriculture, environment and livestock programs and policies.
- In conjunction with program teams, supporting and organizing delivery of various training/workshops such as Heifer Cornerstones, PSRP, Gender and Justice, group management and personal leadership development for Heifer staff, project participants, Informal Savings and Loans, and partner staff training.
- Identification, design, implement and follow-up of training and backstop the program staff as well as project partner staff and community facilitators to be highly efficient, effective and consistent trainers to produce social transformation and TOC domain impacts in the field
- Developing, reviewing and updating training modules/manuals, and related training materials. Facilitate project implementers to set up various training modules and train them in their use; provide follow-up services to these training programs
Heifer International Zambia, a branch office of Heifer International, invites applications from highly motivated, result-oriented, well qualified and experienced professionals to fill the position of Social Capital Development Manager (SCDM) to be based at Country Office in Lusaka.
Applicants should be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years of business development experience in Zambia or the region. Master’s degree in business development a Minimum of two (2) is an added advantage or more years living and working in Zambia or the region. Fluent in English (fluency in other languages is a plus).