Human Resources Manager Job: KSM Management Consultants
Our client based in Solwezi seeks services of a strong, vibrant and experienced HR professional to fill the position of Human Resource Manager. The incumbent will be reporting to the International Human Resources Manager / Senior Operations Manager.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
- Preparation of Job profiles and job adverts
- Scrutinising all academic and professional qualifications to see to it that they are genuine
- Short listing of job applicants
- Conduction of job interviews in conjunction with line management and preparation of letters of offer and regrets
- Assist Line Management in workforce planning and staffing activities
2. INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
- Attend all Union meetings to ensure that burning issues are addressed and make recommendations to the Managing Director
- Lead Member of the Management negotiating team / Chairman ( collective bargaining)
- Preparation of all collective bargaining documentation and minutes of the negotiation meetings
- Submission of all collective bargaining documents to Ministry of Labour ( minutes of the negotiation meetings, collective agreements for approval)
- Advise Line Management on all disciplinary issues
- Attend all disciplinary enquiries and cause to, or take minutes of the proceedings
- Attend all Appeal hearing meetings and cause to, or take minutes of the proceedings
- Guide line management during disciplinary enquiries to ensure that decisions reached are in line with the Company disciplinary procedure and the labour laws.
- Ensure that all disciplinary and appeal hearing documentation are properly filed for future reference.
- Attend to all labour queries at the Labour office
- Represent the Company in all litigation issues at the Industrial and Labour Relations Court –(Mediation, Trials) and liaise with company lawyers.
- Liaise with company lawyers with regards to lawsuits
- Attend to all employees grievances and dispute or conflict resolution
- Interpretation of the senior staff conditions of employment
- Interpretation of the collective agreement to the employees and ensure compliance
3. TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Identify training needs and objectives in conjunction with line management
- Ensure that all employees have personal development plans linked to meeting organisational goals and their own career aspirations
- Design training matrix / plans for all employees as per personal development plans
- Schedule planned training
- Prepare training budgets
- Monitor training plans to ensure implementation
- Coordinate all training activities
- Coordinate all workshops and seminar
- Update the training register
4. PAYROLL ADMINISTRATION
- Preparation of monthly payroll data input
- Checking the payroll carefully for errors and advise payroll office to make corrections
- Check all departmental time books to ensure that time recorded on the payroll data input sheets is the accurate.
- Check all overtime monthly sheets to ensure that payroll captures correct overtime
- Attend to and investigate all queries from employees in relation to payroll and advise payroll office to make amendments
- Conduct annual salary reviews
- Conduct annual payroll adjustments.
5. STAFF WELFARE, BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Update staff personnel employee records
- Update leave days for all staff
- Process staff advances ,leave applications and funeral grants
- Calculate terminal dues and advise payroll to upload on the payroll for payment
- Process all employee compensation claims and reconcile payments to be made to the workers Compensation Fund Control Board on an annual basis
- Manage and monitor all employee medical schemes for the company
- Management of the company group life assurance policy with Marsh Insurance Zambia Limited and process death benefits and all accident claims.
6. GENERAL HR ADMINISTRATION
- Offering advice to line management on all labour laws
- Be a liaison between management and staff
- Conduct exit interviews
- Maintain and update employee database for both unionised and senior employees
- Review, update and renew contracts of employment
- Develop, coordinate and implement all company corporate social responsibility programmes
- Preparation of monthly human resources reports
- Preparation of annual human resources reports
- Process both temporal and employment permits for expatriates
7. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Full grade twelve certificate
- Degree in Human Resources Management
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in Human Resources Management, the majority of which should be in the mining sector
- Computer literate (Office suite)
- Good knowledge in the Zambian labour
8. BEHAVIOURIAL COMPETENCIES
- Excellent inter-personal and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a team
- Results driven
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Good presentation skills
9. FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Excellent understanding of labour legislation as well as HR best practices.
- Ms Packages
- Experience in HR / Training management.
- Extensive people management skills.
- Extensive IR experience.
- Excellent knowledge of payroll processes
10. ADDITIONAL DETAILS
- Package is 26,000.00
- Candidate must be willing to relocate to Solwezi
If you strongly feel you are the best fit for this position, send your application to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]