Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer Wanted: DAPP Zambia
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT) OFFICER DAPP
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting interested, qualified and experienced candidates to apply for the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer position tenable at the National Headquarters in Ndola. The ICT Officer is responsible for driving the use of technology in the organization, providing effective IT systems, helping to develop and implement IT standards and policies, and providing technology support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization.
Key duties and essential job functions:
- Configures and deploys new and refurbished workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment.
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, updates and maintains workstations and laptops.
- Installs, configures maintains and troubleshoots peripherals including printers, copiers, scanners, external drives, monitors and other peripheral hardware.
- Provides guidance on removal/disposal of non-functional equipment
- Managing all Servers in the organisation on system maintenance and functionality.
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and updates operating systems and user applications.
- Proactively schedules software upgrades and patching.
- Ensures that all software on DAPP equipment is licensed and keeps record of licenses.
- Tracks license and support contracts to include notification of renewal timeframe to management.
- Monitors network to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs cabled, wireless and other network infrastructure.
- Supports existing/new server/s and administers access rights for all users in the organisation.
- Maintains local and server based anti-virus software.
- Informs and trains users and management in how to adhere to DAPP security ICT policies.
- In case of virus infection, cleans out affected equipment.
- Ensures computer is set up prior to new employee start date and any related moves.
- Handles the relocation of computer equipment as a result of office or personnel changes.
- Sets up new user accounts and email accounts
- Troubleshoots, and repairs user accounts and email accounts, and assists in resetting passwords.
6. Systems Planning
- Participates in research and recommendation of improved infrastructure processes and technologies to include growth planning.
- Provides procurement assistance including, but not limited to, researching solutions, engaging with potential vendors, making recommendations for product purchases and evaluating bids.
- Tests new equipment and applications and provides complete feedback.
7. Management of Vendor Services
- Works directly with vendors to schedule repairs and maintenance.
- Requests and evaluates services with vendors and service providers.
- Works with ISP and other outside vendors to ensure dependable operations.
- Works with vendors and vendor supplied systems to track service requests through to completion.
- Trains new and current employees on computer software and ICT systems.
- Creates material and presentations for trainings and reports.
- Assesses user capacity and suggests trainings and areas in need of improvement.
9. Routine Administrative Tasks
- Creates and maintains inventory, which may include hardware, software and various items such as laser printer cartridges and peripheral equipment.
- Develops, maintains and rolls out of documentation of processes, procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Monitors and reports ICT expenses.
- Assists with preparation of operating budgets based on estimated and actual expenditures for ICT systems and support needs.
- Keeps ICT equipment, storage area and work area clean and organised.
10. Website Management
- Ensures that the DAPP Zambia website is always fully operational
Qualifications and personal attributes:
- Diploma or higher within information technologies, or substantial working experience within relevant fields and have obtained and maintained relevant certificates
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within the ICT technical field
- Effective written and oral communication with ability to produce reports and present solutions
- Professional knowledge of network technologies and Windows clients
- Experience in handling servers and related access management control
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues
- Willing to take ownership of issue analysis and resolution efforts and commit to ‘doing what it takes’ to resolve technical issues regardless of the effort or timeframe required.
- Ability to work and cooperate well with people
Interested persons should submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a cover letter by email to:
The Human Resources Manager
DAPP in Zambia
Copies of certificates must not be submitted at this stage
The position title ICT Officer must be indicated in the email subject area. The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document, and must be saved in Microsoft WORD, using the applicants’ names as the document title. Applicants must state their current or previous salary and benefits in the application letter.
Closing date: 28th August, 2017