Innovation for Poverty Action is Currently Recruiting in Zambia
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Zambia seeks a qualified Finance Assistant (FA) to join the team of the IPA Zambia office. The FA reports to the Finance and Administration Manager (FAM).
The FA’s main role is to perform various accounting responsibilities as delegated by the FAM to provide all necessary financial information of the Country office. The incumbent will ensure compliance with IPA’s internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations.
IPA in Zambia
IPA has been present in Zambia since 2010 in response to a growing demand for high-quality socioeconomic research and impact evaluations. IPA works with Ministries of Health, Education, Education, and Community Development, leading academics and with civil society organizations on studies in agriculture, education, governance, health and social protection.
Financial – Banking, cashflow management, and disbursements
To plan and monitor project cash flow requirements, preparing monthly and quarterly projections for submission of funding requests to HQ on a timely basis to ensure the smooth implementation of IPA programs.
- To accurately and timely prepare online and cheque payments.
- To ensure that deposits are made promptly into the bank account.
- To conduct bi-weekly petty cash accounts.
- To facilitate the pre-paid account addition for new staff.
- To be the contact person for the local bank.
Payroll and Taxes
- To facilitate TPIN registration for experts.
- To receive, review and process payroll data including salaries.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory obligations such as NAPSA, ZRA, Workers Compensation and Personal Levy and returns submitted in accordance with required timetable. Ensure local filings for TCN and expatriate payroll staff are kept up to date and reconciled with HQ as required.
- To accurately and promptly make entries to Abila/ NetSuite
- To stamp all documents with canceled stamp to avoid duplication and sequentially file all documents securely for ease retrieval for internal and external audits.
- To report and follow up on missing documents.
Support the Finance and Administration Manager to prepare local statutory reports and ensure filing in timely manner after coordinating review with HQ.
- Support IPA’s global audit and support the Finance and Administration Manager to manage local statutory audits and project audits as required.
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure budgets, operational and project, are loaded into NetSuite in accordance with global procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager and/or to support the research team
- Diploma or Equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- At least 2 years of progressive finance experience.
- Experience working for an international nonprofit experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting procedures and processes.
- Basic understanding of financial and tax regulations in Zambia.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Experience in accounting software such as NetSuite is strongly preferred.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English. Good listening skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information; good planning and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task.
- High degree of professionalism.
Closing date is 24th September at 5 pm.
How to apply:
Send CV with cover letter to: info-zambia @poverty-action.org coping [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]