Internal Auditor Wanted at Radiation Protection Authority – August 2017
The Government of the Republic of Zambia created Radiation Protection Authority (RPA) through the enactment of the Ionising Radiation Protection Act No. 16 of 2005. The RPA is a body corporate which has a duty to protect the public, workers and the environment from the harmful effects arising from the use of devices or materials capable of producing ionizing radiation. In its continued effort to effectively carry out its mandate, the Authority seeks to employ appropriately qualified persons in the following positions:
Internal Auditor (1)
To manage internal audit procedures in order to ensure effective controls are adhered to in the utilisation of funds for the Authority.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Supervises and undertakes timely auditing functions in order to ensure adherence to financial regulations
- Examines Departmental records to identify risks that the institution faces, systems and procedural weaknesses and interviews staff to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Inspects accounting and other systems to determine their efficiency and proactive values.
- Pre- audits received payment vouchers from various institutional departments and confirm or return doubtful ones to initiating departments for clarification to ensure accountability
- Reviews records pertaining to operations and material assets such as equipment, building and staff to determine the degree to which they are being utilized
- Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of efforts, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations and policies or procedures in order to prepare audits and investigations
- Prepares the internal audit department programme appropriate to the needs of the institution based on what risks have been identified, to ensure that it is implemented and executed in a timely and effective manner.
- Coordinates audit related work with supervisors to ensure effective, efficient and economic management of the institution.
- Liaises with external auditors on various issues pertaining to accounts, and on overall organizational operations, to ensure compliance by all officers concerned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
- 3 years
i) Written Skills: Able to write comprehensive and analytical reports
ii) Oral Skills: Able to communicate effectively
Qualifications and requirements
Minimum Secondary Education:
- Full Grade 12 or its equivalent
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Accountancy or its equivalent
- Professional qualification such as ZICA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Professional membership such as Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountant (ZICA)/ Institute of Internal Auditors
- Computer literacy and knowledge in accounting software packages
- Zambian citizen aged between 30 to 40 years
- Computer literate
- Interpersonal skills
Instructions for submission of application letters and CV
Applicants that meet these requirements are encouraged to submit their applications and curriculum vitae not later than 25th August, 2017 to:
The Executive Director
Radiation Protection Authority
P.O Box 50002
1. Please note that faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted and only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
2. Applicants are requested to reference the subject line of their application letter, clearly with the position they are applying for.