New Internship Opportunities at PATH Zambia: Human Resources – May 2017
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Global Program: Human Resources
Project Name: Human Resources Internship
Start date: May 30, 2017
End date: November 30, 2017
Will the intern be receiving a stipend? Yes
Will the Intern travel? No
The benefit to Intern:
There will be regular hands-on exposure to a human resources department of a global organization with a focus on recruitment and selection, organization onboarding, and change management.
Internship goals and learning objectives:
- To build your human resources skill set specifically with regard to a recruiting focus.
- To build your understanding of the generally high level and tactical pieces involved in recruitment
- To develop your communications skill set for internal and external audiences.
- To develop your skill set and professional work style with various colleagues and mentors both internal and external.
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- To support international recruitment administratively.
- To learn how to analyze and share data/research and present it in a fashion that elicits “buy in” from the audience.
- To gain experience coordinating multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced recruitment and human resources environment.
- To develop your communications skills by preparing related recruitment communications for internal and external audiences
- Provide guidance to PATH colleagues on how to leverage recruitment to support program needs.
- Administrative support for recruitment while ensuring compliance and providing support for completion of onboarding and related recruitment process.
- Learn and work for hands on with a global recruitment tracking tool.
- Work collaboratively with human resources team and other HR interns to provide support.
Learning outcomes (how the Intern’s performance will be evaluated):
- The intern will meet regularly with the regional recruiter to assess progress and ensure internship goals and learning objectives are met.
- The intern will show accurate processing of paperwork and other administrative aspects related to recruitment
- The intern’s comfort level navigating an applicant tracking system will be evaluated by showing accurate posting and resume review processes.
Required skills and experience:
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Knowledge of MS office (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication.
*All PATH internships are eligible for school credit. Please refer to your university’s process for credit eligibility.*
Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.