Ipas Zambia is Currently Recruiting: Senior Advisor, Health Systems
- Company: Ipas
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
The Health Systems Senior Advisor will provide technical leadership and support to Ipas Zambia Country programme, focusing on the areas of health systems, stigma reduction, contraception, health system provider/site performance, and training efforts. The position shares knowledge on technical innovation, lessons learned, and best practices in the country and across the regional/country teams, technical staff and externally. The position will work to ensure that teams are implementing quality and sound health systems activities that are in line with the Ipas organizational strategies, standards and goals. The incumbent will work closely with the Regional Programme Support Team members and global units (as needed) to design project strategies, plan for implementation and monitor progress and to enhance the capacity of the team.
- Co-ordinating the Health systems unit work, including designing, planning, budgeting and monitoring of project work.
- Planning, organizing and facilitating the development of training and capacity building processes for health systems related to Ipas work and ensures that Ipas supported training are carried out in accordance to the clinical training SOPs
- Identify capacity needs and build the capacity of Health systems staff to ensure high-quality execution of health systems strengthening work.
- Supervises staff and ensures performance indicator and performance appraisal is carried out in accordance with the organizational policies
- Periodically updates in-country staff on clinical compliance and quality of care SOPs and disseminates Clinical Updates in Reproductive Health.
- Co-ordinating site selection, baseline assessments and pre-training workshops for selected in-country sites.
- Developing (with support from external consultants and in-country HS and R&E staff) a process to monitor and follow up with the implementation of post-abortion services in selected sites.
- Providing technical assistance in the research, development of regulations, approval, and implementation of regulations, protocols, and guiding related implementation of CAC services and model.
- Preparing reports on training and other program activities to document project progress, tracking activities and expenses against country, program or project budgets.
- Tracking Health System program implementation progress against donor deliverables and against the country strategic plan.
- Monitoring Health Systems Work for Quality of care and compliance to the Clinical Updates on Reproductive Health.
- Providing linkages and coordinating collaboration between the country Health System unit and Global Quality of Care unit in various scopes such as the Medical Monitoring, External Clinical Audit and the revision of clinical guidance and various tools.
- Collaborating and building partnerships with Government, MOH, CBOs and other like-minded organizations.
- Representing Ipas at local, regional or national meetings as requested. Performing all duties as assigned by the supervisor and Country Director.
- Ability to Travel 50%
- Masters Degree in public health or other relevant degrees
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or medicine & 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) programmes.
- Management training or experience.
- Experience working in a clinical environment
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Prior experience in facilitating training and mentoring
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under strict project deadlines and milestones
- Attention to detail
- Drive for results
- Must be able to independently produce project workplans, timelines and budgets, subject to supervisor approval.
- Must have the ability to work with differing health and community populations including adolescents and women.
Commitment to Diversity
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.