POSITION: Warehouse Worker
OPENING DATE: March 18, 2016
CLOSING DATE: April 01, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-Time, 40 Hours/Week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-03 (Starting salary
ZK 65, 942.03 p.a.);
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-BB* (Starting salary
$22, 502.00 p.a.)
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST
HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR
The U.S. Mission in Zambia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Warehouse Worker.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Incumbent performs manual work and driving duties at the General Services Office (GSO) Warehouse,
Embassy and other Mission offices by loading and unloading equipment, goods and supplies. Maintains
the warehouse in a clean, well-organized fashion. Drives the warehouse truck and the forklifts.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive
information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is
1. EDUCATION: Successful completion of Secondary school is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: One year of warehouse experience, or equivalent combination of warehouse
and laborer experience is required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
3. LANGUAGE: Level III (good working knowledge) in English language proficiency is required.
Language proficiency will be tested.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to operate forklifts, handle warehouse equipment and heavy
loads safely is required. A valid Zambian drivers’ license is required.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must know how to safely handle various materials and have basic stores
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and
responsibilities may be obtained on our website at http://zambia.usembassy.gov/openjobs.html and/or
by contacting the Human Resources Office on telephone number +260-211-357000 extension 7284,
7153 and 7136.
SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members
(USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is
essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically
address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism,
conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR
employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most
recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service
Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment,
unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a background security clearance.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or
by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); and
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g.
transcripts, degrees, etc.)
IMPORTANT: Applicants claiming a U.S. Veteran’s preference must submit written documentation
confirming eligibility (e.g., Member Copy 4 of Form DD-214, Letter from the Veteran’s
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Administration, or certification documenting eligibility under the VOW Act with an expected discharge
no later than 120 days after the certification is submitted) by the closing date of the vacancy
announcement. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by
the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veteran’s preference will not be considered in
the application process. Specific criteria for receiving a U.S. Veteran’s preference may be found in
HR/OE’s Family Member Employment Policy (FMEP).
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office: The Human Resources Officer
Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 320065, Lusaka
E-mail Address: [email protected]