Job Vacancy For a Software Sales Representative: Mulena Information Technology
The top IT sales professionals are self-motivated, persuasive with their words and rise to competition. If this sounds like you, you could join Mulena InfoTech in this fast-paced role.
The work of an IT sales professional falls into the three main areas of pre-sales, sales and post-sales support of hardware and software.
Pre-sales involves giving detailed information about technical specifications and the ways in which they could meet a customer’s needs. This often includes demonstrating those features before a sale.
In some cases it also involves responding to a pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) and then, if short listed, replying to a more detailed information to tender (ITT) document.
The actual sale involves negotiating a commercial agreement to the benefit of both the customer and supplier.
Technical support, which follows the sale, may include solving faults and problems, or maximising the use of software features, as well as advising on appropriate user training.
The role requires significant interaction with clients, which may be face-to-face or over the telephone. Tasks are varied and include:
- understanding customers’ diverse, specific business needs and applying product knowledge to meet those needs
- ensuring quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of employers’ systems and processes and then documenting them
- cold-calling in order to create interest in products and services, generate new business leads and arrange meetings
- identifying and developing new business through networking and courtesy and follow-up calls
- preparing and delivering customer presentations and demonstrations of the software, articulately and confidently
- marketing and promoting a portfolio of products by writing and designing sales literature and attending industry events
- maintaining awareness and keeping abreast of constantly changing software and hardware systems and peripherals
- developing effective sales plans using sales methodology
- providing technical advice to customers on all aspects of the installation and use of computer systems and networks, both before and after the sale
- advising on software features and how they can be applied to assist in a variety of contexts such as accounting, manufacturing or other specialist areas
- meeting sales targets set by managers and contributing to team targets
- networking with existing customers in order to maintain links and promote additional products and upgrades
- handling hardware or software problems and faults and referring on to specialist technical colleagues
- responding to tender documents, writing proposals, reports and supporting literature
- managing workload in order to organise and prioritise daily and weekly goals
- contributing to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]