John Snow Inc Job Vacancy in Zambia: Pharmacy Dispenser/Technologist x3
- Company: John Snow Inc
- Location: Ndola, Copperbelt Province, Zambia
- State: Kabwe – Ndola – Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
Scope of Work
Kabwe, Ndola & Solwezi, Zambia
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Pharmacy Dispenser/ Technologist (10 positions)
Position Type: Consultancy
Period: 6 months
Location: Central, Copperbelt & Northwestern Provinces
The Pharmacy Dispensers/Technologists will provide pharmaceutical services within SAFE supported sites and perform standard logistics/ supply chain data processes and activities at health facility level to enable effective availability of health commodities.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work in close collaboration with facility pharmacy staff to dispense medicines and provide drug adherence information with regards to proper usage of medicines to patients.
- Pre-packing/Refilling drugs for clients on Fast-Track, Facility and community Based DSD models
- Assist facility pharmacy staff to receive and store incoming supplies; counts stock and enter data in inventory records both electronic and paper based.
- Ensure logistics data quality through capturing of facility level commodity logistics data into the national eLMIS/paper based LMIS for both ARVs and HIV tests.
- Provide technical support to counsellors and lay counsellors on usage of logistics tools (DARs, log books, stock control cards) to ensure efficient use of HIV test kits and accountability for each test used.
- Support the health facility in commodity management (forecasting, quantification and ordering) to ensure uninterrupted supply of vital health commodities (ARVs, VMMC, FP commodities) and logistics
- Ensure proper storage of drugs and supplies used in HIV/AIDS management.
- Participate in clinical activities including MTCs, Pharmacovigilance, and ensure rational use of medicines.
- Support facilities in timely placement of orders to ensure commodity availability.
- Offer technical advice and support to facility staff on matters of health commodity logistics management and health commodity re-supply.
- Work in close collaboration with other facility staff to create demand for other HIV services available at facility level.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications and other Desired Requirements:
- Pharmacy Dispenser/Technologist and/or Certificate or Diploma in Pharmacy
- Experience and knowledge of HIV Tests, ARVs and Essential Medicines Logistics management.
- Experience and knowledge of eLMIS is desired.
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Previous public-sector experience preferably within the HIV/AIDS field
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required;
- Ability to plan, coordinate and manage multiple activities and adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and other related software’s.
- Mode of Application:
How to Apply
Please send a written application either via email. Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full addresses and contact telephone numbers. Please indicate the position you are applying for and location in your cover letter and also give names, addresses and contact telephone/email address of atleast three (3) referees.
Closing Date: 15th January 2019
Please send email applications, with the position you are applying for clearly indicated in the subject line, to: [email protected]
Please send hardcopy applications, with the position clearly marked on the envelope to:
The Human Resources Manager, USAID SAFE, 45/5B Incito Office Complex, Reedbuck Road, Kabulonga, P.O. Box 51185, Lusaka, Zambia.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.