John Snow Inc Jobs Vacancy in Zambia: Drivers (Lusaka, Kabwe, Ndola, Solwezi, Zambia)
- Company: John Snow Inc
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Kabwe – Lusaka – Ndola – Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates,mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Driver
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Lusaka (x1); Central (x3) Northwestern (x1); Copperbelt (x4)
The Driver will work with all project staff and partners, as well as short-term consultants. The Driver is responsible for transporting staff and vehicle maintenance. The Driver will report to the Lead Driver.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drive project vehicles throughout Zambia for project work, at all times, ensuring the safety of passengers and vehicle and adhering to stringent organizational policies and regulations regarding driving and vehicle use;
- Clean and maintain project vehicles – responsible for keeping vehicles in pristine condition, adhering to strict maintenance routines and ensuring that any defect is acted upon immediately;
- Perform other administrative tasks on behalf of the project including but not limited to: purchasing, collecting goods, documents or mails, making administrative arrangements and handling payments (if needed) within Central Province and during field activities;
- Act as a representative of the project, at all times being responsive and providing courteous support to visitors, clients and partners.
- Carry out different inspections of the vehicle before driving such as checking of coolant, oils and other fluids.
- Update all vehicle documents such as car registration and insurance.
- Maintain a car logbook, fuel and oil requisition book and prepare a logbook summary each day.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Minimum grade 12 Certificate; related additional qualifications a plus;
- Clean Driver’s License;
- Over 5 years driving experience, of which at least 3 years’ experience working as a driver; experience with donor-funded projects is preferred;
- Knowledge of and ability to operate basic office equipment such as computers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines;
- Basic computer skills required including familiarity with email and word processing. Ability to use excel spreadsheets is also preferred;
- Experience and proven ability to handle and account for funds responsibly
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team;
- Presentable and able to interact professionally with partners and clients.
How to Apply
To apply: Send an application via email to: [email protected].
In the subject line please clearly indicate the position you are applying for and the preferred location; only those applications that reference the position and location in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Closing Date: Friday, 24 January 2019
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D