Lafarge Zambia is Currently Recruiting: Export Sales Manager
Lafarge Zambia Plc. is the leading supplier of building materials and construction solutions in Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). It is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group, the world leader in the building materials industry with a well-balanced presence in 80 countries and a focus on cement, aggregates, and concrete. The Group has 80,000 employees around the world operating in more than 2,300 sites.
Lafarge Zambia has a total production capacity of 1,500,000 tonnes per annum in Chilanga and Ndola, and distributes by road and rail to all corners of the country and the region. Lafarge Zambia also owns and operates the Mapape Aggregates Plant which is able to supply 600,000 tonnes of high quality aggregates per annum. Joining Lafarge Zambia means being part of a successful international Group that builds its business strategy around product innovation. For LafargeHolcim, People Development is an investment in the future!
We are looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individual to take up the role of Export Sales Manager to be based in Kasumbalesa.
Overall Mission of the Role
To ensure the achievement of sales objectives, in terms of volume (market share), price and available services as well as to enhance and optimize sales force performance.
1) Sales Management
- Develop a commercial strategy for the Congo DR market and other export markets and communicate this with Sales Representatives, Plants and Depots to ensure alignment.
- Guide Sales Representatives in developing respective segment and customer action plans, monitor milestones and take corrective action where necessary.
- Develop annual sales objectives and targets by Sales Representative and track achievement monthly.
- Develop team through joint field visits and coaching program in line with Sales Excellence guidelines.
- Propose the prices and discount rules for customers and control their application by the Sales Representatives.
- In liaison with Finance, monitor customer solvency and control the application of credit terms and conditions.
- In liaison with the Sales Director, manage the relationship and negotiation with key export customers.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and loyalty as well as propose and implement the necessary corrective actions.
2) Customer Orientation Development
- Participate in the definition of Lafarge Zambia Sales strategy.
- Identify business opportunities and convert them into sales; propose annual exports sales target.
- Review and update the exports target and prospect customer base.
- Participate in the design and implementation of the value proposition per segment (products, systems, services, partnerships, distribution/delivery, pricing, communications, etc).
- Propose and implement customer-driven sales processes.
3) Organization and People Development
- Regularly assess skills and recommend training needs for the Sales Representative to the Human Resources Department.
- Propose recommendations for the improvement of the Sales Organization.
- In liaison with HR, manage the sales team in terms of managing recruitment, compensation and career development for subordinates.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience/Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in a Business or Engineering related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Sales and Marketing.
- Marketing and Sales skills to implement effective selling and communications.
- Public relations and marketing ability.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with the Katanga region in the Congo DR is a must.
- Should be able to communicate in English and French. Lingala and Swahili is an added advantage.
- Basic Cement Plant knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of concrete, concrete products, and applications.
- Computer literate.
Applicants may send their application letters and curriculum vitae to [email protected] not later than 18th February 2019. Applicants do not need to send copies of their qualifications at this stage.
Please also note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.