Leimach Enterprise Latest Job Vacancy: Offset printing machine operator
Leimach Enterprise is a printing and business communications service provider that provides a wide range of print products and services imaginable to allow companies to communicate with their clients, employees, stakeholders as well as vendors. It was established in 2016 and is 100% Zambian owned and operational. Equipped with the best industrial printing machinery, Leimach Enterprise guarantees the best quality possible to satisfy its clients in the ever-changing printing industry. To empower its equipped staff, Leimach is on the recruitment market looking for an individual to fill the below-mentioned vacancy.
Offset printing machine operator
The position will be responsible for the set-up, adjustment, maintenance, safe operation of assigned press equipment. Perform various manual and mechanical duties in the press production of various newsprint, magazines, publications, and other finished printed products and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assign crew members to job tasks in order to meet production and quality requirements. Rotate crew throughout shift for breaks/lunch and during work assignments;
- Provide mentorship and training to junior personnel/crew members;
- Observe and correct possible safety hazards. Report any and all workplace hazards, all related injuries, illnesses, and/or misses to management immediately. Adhere to all safety and workplace rules and regulations;
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards (i.e. keep floors swept and free of slip/trip hazards) in all designated work areas;
- Ensure all equipment, tools, and work station is in good working order and free of safety hazards. Wear all assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required;
- All other duties as assigned.
Press Run Production
- Operate Heidelberg Kord 64 printing Machine. Review job tickets and plan work processes to meet customer specifications;
- Set-up and adjust press machine (both manually and automatic programming) in accordance with instructions and job requirements;
- Keep accurate press sheet information with dates and counts. Monitor assigned machine during runs to ensure adherence to specifications and make adjustments as needed;
- Achieve, maintain, and monitor the quality of signatures throughout the press run. Visually inspect and pull substandard forms/books. Advise manager, supervisor, and/or customer service/sales staff of any identified quality defects or production run issues;
- Order plates when necessary. Ensure correct proofs are available for each job and returned upon job completion;
- Provide accurate waste and production information to help establish future job costing.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as blade replacement, lubrication, and waxing. Notify supervision of mechanical/electrical problems and complete “Work Orders” for parts/repairs that require maintenance assistance;
- Work with the crew and supervisory staff to establish and review a list of maintenance tasks to be performed during major make-readies;
- Maintain sequential inking systems on the press at all times;
- Keep track of all tools assigned to press/crew members;
- Communicate and follow-up with the Maintenance department on all breakdowns and/or repairs.
- HS certificate with a pass in English and Mathematics or equivalence;
- Knowledge in graphic and printing equipment operator, and general production
- With at least 3 – 4 years of relevant work experience in operating a Heidelberg printing machine.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts. Ability to stand/walk up to 12 hours;
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English as it relates to the performance of duties;
- Basic math skills to include adding, subtracting, multiplication and division;
- Must be able to work on weekends, late evenings, and overtime;
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, high-energy individual who can multitask well.
- Qualified candidates must be willing to start immediately:
If you are qualified for this position you can send your CV to [email protected] or
Call – 0977894917/ 0962560550
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]