Living Water International Zambia is Currently Recruiting
POSITION: WASH ENGINEER
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water in Africa is providing safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. A vacancy exists in the Zambia Office, based in Lusaka for the position of WASH Engineer:
Reporting to: Operations Manager
- Supports the Country Office Strategic plan regarding Water Supply Development initiatives.
- Manage the water supply development operations in country program
- Supports the recruitment process for hardware staff.
- Design and review water and sanitation structures in an effort to provide access to safe water and sanitation.
- Prepare bill of quantities, bid documents, and terms of reference for the professional service and company contracts for hardware projects such as drilling works, gravity flow scheme, water treatment projects, diversion weirs, rainwater harvesting projects, hydrogeological studies to mention some.
- Participate in grant proposal writing.
- Advise the country office on current government and global WASH standards, procedures and policies in a timely manner.
- Provide direction and execution of construction of projects in accordance with, verifying that the execution complies in accordance to the Quality Standards for Programs and donor requirements.
- Takes control in the execution of the projects and report the same in accordance with the internal and external clients’ requirement.
- Organize joint monitoring and evaluation of LWIZ infrastructure projects with stakeholders such as communities and sector government offices etc.
- Manage and supervise qualified personnel in his docket such as drilling crew, engineers, construction workers, plumbers, hydrogeologists etc.
- Capacity building of staff, communities and local authorities responsible for the administration and operation of each water system, over the aspects of operation and maintenance, disinfecting and chlorinating the water for consumption. Prepare contextualized operation and maintenance manuals of the water systems that have been constructed or repaired.
- Perform the rate analysis with their respective blocks of consumption for each project.
- Prepare technical reports as required by his/her supervisor. Promotes excellence and comply with Living Water Quality Standards and Procedures and government standards. Mainstream gender equity and child protection in all the hardware projects/activities.
- Offer technical assistance for strengthening the entities or administrators of the system in reference to the Operation and Maintenance of the system.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by his supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- At a minimum, Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Engineering, or any related engineering field (with experience in water construction projects.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the construction of potable and sanitary water systems and other civil work
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in managing water supply operations preferably water supply drilling operations.
- Ability to work well as a team and lead a team effectively
- Experience in preparing and controlling budgets
- Experience in composing informative technical documents
- Experience in preparing diagnostic and feasibility reports of clean water projects
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of GPS and location of projects using Google Maps
- An active Member of Engineering Association of Zambia with a valid registration.
- MUST be a committed Christian with a personal relationship with Christ Jesus
- A one-page application letter of up to 1000 words, spelling out how the applicant meets the qualifications and job requirements above. (Education, similar experience, Christian belief, skills etc)
- Send an updated CV (not more than (4) four pages) with Biodata, work experience, education, etc.
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Place words (WASH Engineer) should be included in the Subject line of your email when sending in your application.
- Submit an application to [email protected] or hand delivered to our office Plot 4135, Mambilima Road Rhodes Park Lusaka
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is 31st May 2019 By 17: 00 hours, Zambian time
a) LWI Zambia is an equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
b) All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
c) A recommendation from your local pastor/church leader will be an added advantage.
d) ONLY finalists shall be contacted, if you do not hear from us by 10th June 2019, consider your application unsuccessful.
e) We encourage you to visit our website: http//www.water.cc for more information about our work.
f) ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]