Lusaka Provincial Health Office is Currently Recruiting: Provincial Purchasing and Supplies Officer
Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed positions:
Provincial Purchasing and Supplies Officer
Location: Lusaka Provincial Health Office
To undertake the procurement process in order to ensure timely availability of goods. The Procurement Officer will coordinate the procurement of supplies and equipment for project activities. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient functioning of all procurement and disposal activities of the project.
The job holder will report to the Provincial Health Director while maintaining a technical working relationship with Provincial Health Office Program Officers.
- Supervises effectively the maintenance of an up-to-date supplier register in order to establish a reliable supplier base.
- Undertakes effectively the provision of secretarial services to the Provincial Tender Committee to facilitate decision making
- Undertakes timely procurement of goods in order to ensure their timely availability
- Maintains accurate records of goods in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information.
- Supervises timely the preparation of bidding documents in order to facilitate Bid invitations.
- Supervises timely preparation of departmental and individual work plans in order to facilitate monitoring and evaluation of performance.
- Ensures that the Zambia Public Procurement Authority procedures are followed when procuring goods and services for the project.
- Supervises effectively human and other resources in order to attain the objectives of the Unit.
- Ensures CDC PEPFAR procurement policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on all procurements made.
- Update and maintain the project procurement tracker and;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and desired attributes
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply or Graduate/Professional
- Diploma of the Chartered Institute Of Purchasing and Supply.
- At least four (4) years relevant work experience in public procurement.
- Current membership to the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and supply (ZIPS)
- Knowledgeable with the Zambia Public Procurement Authority Regulations
- Ability to analyze and deal with vendor information.
- Proven Managerial Skills. Computer literate, Good Communication Skills, Good Counseling Skills and exhibit a high level of integrity.
- Familiar with USAID procurement policies, procedures, rules and regulations are an added advantage.
- Must have a high level of confidentiality and Integrity;
- Trustworthy and Honest.
Interested candidates meeting the above-stated qualifications and attributes and willing to work in rural areas are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, Academics and Professional Qualifications. Full Registration with relevant professional bodies and Latest Practicing Licenses where applicable to the address below by Wednesday, 22nd August, 2018.
An attractive package will be Offcrcå to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for an initial period of one (1) year subject to renewal depending on Performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication
Applications should be clearly marked “Application for Vacancies under LPHO/CDC Support.”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that GRZ serving Officers are not eligible to apply.
The Provincial Health Director
Lusaka Provincial Health Office
3 Saise Road, Long Acres
P.O. Box 32573