Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) is Currently Recruiting
Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed positions:
Job Title: Provincial Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Location: Lusaka Provincial Health Office
Reports to: Principal Planner
To provide technical oversight and leadership in strengthening Monitoring & Evaluation in the Province for all HIV& AIDS/TB/STI Prevention, Treatment, Care and Support programs.
- Provide Overall technical oversight and leadership in developing and implementation of comprehensive M&E systems/framework for the LPHO – CDC supported programs within the broad Ministry of Health Management Information Systems and the PEPFAR Framework.
- Coordinate routine data collection activities including development of tools for data collection where applicable, and provide technical support for all program areas for Monitoring & Evaluation purposes and programme improvement.
- Support LPHO in ongoing program planning and review including the development of various planning and review documents inclusive of the Country Operational Plans (COP), Continuation proposals and other technical documents related to the management of LPHO cooperative agreements.
- In charge of evaluations: baselines, impact, and other Data review related activities including the development of protocols and designing terms of reference for consultants recruited for such evaluations.
- Provide oversight over reporting to the Presidential Emergency Plan for HIV / AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC and other Partners using the provided reporting systems.
- Provide necessary M&E Capacity building / technical assistance to other start at PHO as well as at district and health facility level as the need may demand.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of M&E framework under PEPFAR and recommend possible changes to program improvement.
- Manages effectively, the monitoring and evaluation of programmes in the province in order to facilitate appropriate M&E interventions.
- Oversees effectively, the implementation of M&E programs in the province in order to ensure effective delivery of Health Services.
- Ensures accurate collection, compilation, analysis and timely submission of reports to Lusaka provincial Health Office and CDC in order to facilitate decision making.
- Interprets and enforces regularly, the M&E framework tools within the Ministry of Health Management Information Systems and PEPFAR Framework in order to ensure compliance in all the districts / Institutions in the province.
- Prepares effectively the budget in order to facilitate acquisition of financial resources.
- Oversees timely, the implementation of M&E programs and other capacity building interventions in the province in order to ensure efficiency in Health Service delivery.
- Manages and coordinates effectively, the updating of the PEPFAR information and MOH database in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval or information.
- Manage effectively, financial and other resources like Computers and ICT accessories in order to facilitate achievement of Provincial objectives.
- Ensures effectively, the development of departmental and individual work plans in order to monitor and evaluate performance.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Grade 12 certificate; Minimum Degree in Statistics, Economics, Demography or any equivalent Social Science;
- Master’s Degree in Public Health is an added advantage.
- At least Five (3) years of relevant work experience in the field of TB and HIV control activities.
- Supervisory experience at health facility or district level will be an added advantage;
- Computer literate. with high competency in using Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have experience in PEPFAR supported TB/HIV activities:
- Must have strong understanding of the reporting hierarchy at district and facility levels;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written Communication as well as interpersonal skills:
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity;
- Trustworthy and Honest.
Interested candidates meeting the above-stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents: Curriculum Vitae, Three (3) traceable Referees, Academies and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration with relevant bodies were applicable to the address below by Wednesday, January 2019.
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for a period of one year subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication.
Applications should clearly marked “Application for vacant Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist under LPHO/CDC Support.”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that GRZ serving officers are not eligible to apply.
The Provincial Health Director
Lusaka Provincial Health Office
3 Saine Road, Long Acres
PO Box 32573