Manager – Mpika Service Centre: Examinations Council of Zambia – September 2017
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following vacant position in the Administration Department.
MANAGER – MPIKA SERVICE CENTRE (1) ECZ1 MPIKA
Reporting to the Assistant Director – Certification, the Manager – Mpika Service Centre will manage the Service Centre on a day to day basis and ensure that all the services provided are done in a professional and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confirm verification/certification of Grade 7, 9 12 and Teacher Training certificates and Statement of results
- Approve the verification of details on lost or damaged certificate/statement of results
- Submit monthly Centre reports
- Ensure that all queries all post-examinations queries are handled promptly and satisfactorily
- Manage the Service Centre to achieve good service delivery to the public
- Ensure that equivalencies of foreign qualifications into Zambian standards are provided
- Approve the renewal of examination centres
- Draw up and executes a comprehensive work plan for the Service Centre
- Ensure that day to day operations of the Centre are conducted effectively and efficiently
- Provide information on staff training needs for the Centre
- Develop and encourages programs of orientation and self-improvement of members of staff in the
- Make recommendations to the Assistant Director -Certification concerning policy, practice, or
personnel for purposes of improving the quality output and timely delivery of Results
- Supervise staff at the Service Centre to ensure that work is done professionally and efficiently
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- School Certificate or its equivalent
- Bachelors Degree in Education
- Minimum of 5 years experience in education
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experiences such as examinations administration, test development or records management.
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to submit an application letter, copies of Academic and or Professional certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable referees and day time telephone numbers. All applications must reach the undersigned not later than 20th September, 2017.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Electronic applications will not be accepted.
The Council Secretary
Examinations Council of Zambia
Haile Selassie Avenue, Longacres
P.O Box 50432