March 2017 Jobs at Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
The Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission a Body Corporate established under the Citizens’ Economic Empowerment Act No. 9 of 2006 to enhance broad-based economic empowerment, foster citizens’ economic ownership, control and management of economic resources, as well as to promote economic empowerment of targeted citizens is inviting applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following position:
Job Title: Public Relations & Communications Manager (1 Position) – Lusaka
Reporting to the Director General, the ideal candidate will be responsible for planning and directing public relations and communications programs designed to create and maintain a favourable public image for the Commission and keep stakeholders well informed of its activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of the 5-year Communications Strategy of the Communication and the long term communications expenditure estimates;
- Preparation and management of the implementation of the Annual Communications Plan for the Commission;
- Preparation and management of the implementation of Communication and Event Management Plans;
- Preparation of Terms of Reference and supervision of consultants, interns, temporary staff and partners engaged to prepare Commission communication strategies, event management plans and partners engaged to undertake tasks related to press and public relations for the Commission;
- Prepare and with the approval of the Director General issue press releases and press statements and respond to press queries aimed at enhancing goodwill and safeguarding the good image as well as positively marketing the corporate brand of the Commission;
- Oversee the efficient and effective management of the Commission website and social media platforms in a manner that interactively projects information and responds to queries in a timely and accurate manner and enhances goodwill and safeguards the good image as well as promotes positive marketing of the corporate brand;
- Oversee the timely, effective and good quality of preparation of content of all Commission communications materials across all media channels and platforms and to all categories and segments of Commission stakeholders;
- Assume administrative leadership, direction and control of the Public Relations and Communications Unit, supervising, capacity building, motivating and appraising subordinates in the Unit;
- Identify, plan and recommend appropriate training programmes for institutional and individual training and continuous professional development for staff in the Unit;
- Represent the Unit and the Commission at various networking meetings, conventions and other fora in line with the scope of public relations and communications work or as may be otherwise assigned;
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- Degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Public Relations or related field
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Public Relations or related field will be an added advantage
- Must be a member of relevant professional body
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinker
- Computer literate
- At least 7 years relevant experience, with at least three (3) at senior management level.
Interested candidates meeting the above profiles should submit application letters enclosing the Curriculum Vitae and copies of the academic and professional certificates to the following address not later than 21 March, 2017.
The Director General
The application must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “PUBLIC RELATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER.”
Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
Plot 6457, Los Angeles Boulevard
P.O Box 35068