Marie Stopes Zambia Currently Recruiting: Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives
Marie Stopes Zambia (MSZ) is a results-focused social enterprise, which uses modern marketing techniques to provide family planning and reproductive healthcare. MSZ is part of the global network that is Marie Stopes International (MSI). MSZ subscribes to the MSI goal and mission, which is to prevent unwanted births and to ensure the individual’s right to Children by Choice not Chance.
It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully support the concept of Child Protection, zero tolerance for fraud and bribery and comply with and promote and live MSI CORE VALUES.
Purpose: The sales representative is responsible for the success and sustainability of MSI’s sales and distribution function. In this capacity, this person ensures the attainment of MSI’s strategic goals by focusing on the effective and efficient use of commercial and semi-commercial sales and distribution structures for increasing access to sexual and reproductive health products. The person is also expected to ensure good collaboration and coordination with key internal and external stakeholders. The position will involve extensive domestic travel.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up, implement, manage and monitor high quality, efficient and profitable physical sales distribution network comprising distributors and stockists for MSZ products in the assigned region;
- Set up, implement and manage a robust supply chain involving the national and regional warehouses, distributors and stockists and customers to facilitate timely and cost effective order processing, payment realization and supply of products and services in the assigned region;
- Achieve overall sales, customer support and revenue targets set for MSZ products on monthly basis in consultation with the Corporate Director;
- Collaborate with call centre/helpline support network for sales of MSZ products;
- Design, adopt and introduce wider product range and brand choice, appropriate pricing, medical detailing, sales promotions and appropriate localized demand generation initiatives to attract new and existing customers in collaboration with the relevant teams;
- Gathers information relating to the market performance of MSZ’s products against competitive products, including consumers and traders perception and attitudes, consolidates the findings and submits a report to the Corporate Director;
- Distributes Point of Purchase Materials to various vendors;
- Create, maintain and share sales and financial reports by customer profiles and other relevant parameters on regular basis;
- Any other duties as required by the Corporate Director
- A minimum of a College Diploma in Commerce or in Business Administration
- A minimum of two years’ post qualification experience in Sales and Marketing, preferably from the telecoms, pharmaceutical or reproductive healthcare industry
- Understanding of the issues surrounding provision of pharmaceutical and reproductive health care products
- Understanding and working knowledge of the major policies/issues related to sales and marketing of drugs and pharmaceutical products.
- Track record in achieving sales, financial and non-financial targets
- Good interpersonal/communication skills – both oral and written
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to interpret verbal, written and numerical data
- Proven ability to ‘sell’ ideas, concepts
- Negotiation skills
- Flair for sales
- Pro-private healthcare
- Keen to pursue personal development
- Able to travel extensively
Qualified candidates should submit a detailed CV and cover letter to [email protected] by Friday 27th April, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]