Ministry of Commerce, Trade and industry Currently Recruiting in Zambia
- Company: Ministry of Commerce, Trade and industry
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job Title: Communication Officer
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Zambia
The government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) recognizes that agribusiness and trade offer an opportunity for economic diversification and job creation in Zambia with an impact on poverty through more and better jobs, increased farm incomes and increased productivity. The Ministry of Commerce, Trade and industry (MCTI), on behalf of the GRZ and working with other key Ministries such as Agriculture and Livestock and Fisheries, has taken a leading role in the development of agribusiness and Trade. A key intervention in these efforts diversify the economy will be through the Agribusiness and Trade project which GRZ is planning to finance with a credit facility from the International Development Association (IDA) and International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) of the World Bank. The project aims to contribute to increased private sector investments, firm growth and employment in Agribusiness. To assist with the implementation and management of the project, the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry will set up a project Implementation Unit (PIU) and seeks to engage one (1) talented individual to undertake the following roles on individual contract basis, for period of 24 months with possibility for extension based on performance and mutual agreement. 1)
COMMUNICATION OFFICER (1)
The Communication Officer will report to the project manager. He/she will be responsible for rising the ATP’s communications and media activities He/she will work closely with the with the projects team members including on both technical and communication matters and carry out the following tasks among others:
- a) Develop the communication and media outreach strategy in support of Great Lakes Trade Facilitation Project strategic objectives and their place in the overall MCTI diversification programme.
- b) Coordinate, organize and ensure that all the information and communication activities are in line with projects strategic priorities and annual work plans.
- c) Manage media relations and develop a network of reporters on the project;
- d) Create and manage the Great Lakes Trade Facilitation Project traditional media content (including pamphlets, brochures, and the like) website content, and ensure that the information is up-to-date;
- e) Facilitate the projects use of traditional and social media such as drama .twitter, Facebook, you-tube etc. that are relevant to enhance the projects mandate;
- f) Work closely with the focal point Ministry and assist in the mainstreaming of communication of activities related to diversification through agribusiness, trade and other related activities;
- g) Represent the project in relevant fora in order to facilitate the communication functions of the project, as and when required; and
- h) Coordinate relevant training for team membership in media management and risk management, through information and stakeholder engagement.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND ESSENTIAL COMPETENCES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass communication and Journalism OR its equivalence.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS;
- The Candidate shall have at least five (5) years relevant working experience especially with Donor Funded Projects.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
iii. Working knowledge with the Media, the Agriculture and Private sector are key requirements for this position.
- Able to formulate Communication Strategies.
How to Apply
All applications for the above-named position should be submitted to the Office of the
Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry,
13th Floor, New Government Building Complex,
P.O. Box 31968, Lusaka
Closing Date: November 3rd, 2017