Ministry Of Health Job Vacancies in Zambia: Data Manager
- Company: Ministry Of Health
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Ministry of Health (MOH) seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to be appointed to the underlisted positions under the World Bank supported Southern Africa Tuberculosis and Health Systems Support Project.
The International Development Association (IDA) has provided funding towards the implementation of the Southern African Tuberculosis and Health Systems Support Regional Project involving four Countries (Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia). The overall objectives of the project are to: (i) improve coverage and quality of TB control and occupational lung disease services in targeted geographic areas of the participating countries; and (ii) strengthen regional capacity to manage the burden of TB and occupational diseases. The project supports efforts to address the regional dimension of the TB epidemic while strengthening critical dimensions in the health system. The project has three mutually reinforcing components which are: (i) Innovative Prevention, Detection and Treatment of TB; (ii) Regional Capacity for Disease Surveillance, and Diagnostics and Management of TB and Occupational Lung Diseases; (iii) Regional Learning and Innovation, and Project Management.
- DATA MANAGER
(1) The Data Manager will support the formulation, implementation, and enforcement of the proper data collection policies and procedures, including training and educating the reporting agencies on data collection tools and equipment.
Reports to: Health Systems Specialist/Project Coordinator
Location: Ministry of Health Headquarters
Duties and Responsibilities
- The main responsibilities of the data manager will include:
- Ensuring that quality data collection techniques are established for the reporting and implementing agencies.
- Ensuring data systems are operational and that implementing and reporting agencies are adequately trained on proper data collection processes.
- Providing access to reporting agencies to submit data.
- Assisting the reporting agencies with set-up, testing, and implementation of data collection software in accordance with the standards as outlined in the PAD.
- Performing and documenting procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis.
- Developing data collection and evaluation methodologies, including format design. project criteria and requirements, data compilation, relevancy and usage.
- Developing and implementing evaluation methodologies related to various project data to determine completeness and adequacy of the data collection procedure.
- Supporting the evaluation of current systems to improve operations and patient care, and community activities as relates to miners, ex-miners and other vulnerable groups.
- Facilitating the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual data reports for distribution and developing ad-hoc reports as necessary.
- Supporting the preparation of data that has to be presented at conferences and meetings where needed.
- Consulting with relevant staff on data problems and assisting in developing means to correct the problems accordingly.
- Any other duty as might be required by the supervisor.
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate with five 0 level credits including English and Mathematics
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, economics, demography, or related field
- At least 2-5 years of experience, including 2 years relevant to this position
- Prior experience working in the Ministry of Health and/or other government ministry preferred • Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate, particularly in MS Word and Excel
How to Apply
All interested persons meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their written applications to the undersigned with copies of their National Registration Card, academic and professional qualifications, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three references including their contact numbers. All those that had applied earlier are encouraged to apply.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 13th December, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Permanent Secretary-(A)
Ministry of Health,
P .O. Box 30205,