More Job Opportunities at Zambia Agency for Persons with Disabilities: Director of Planning & Programs
- Company: Zambia Agency for Persons with Disabilities
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
ZAMBIA AGENCY FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
The Zambia Agency for Persons with Disabilities is a Government Agency, established under Act No. 6
of 2012. The agency is mandated with the responsibility of coordinating and providing services to persons with disabilities.
The Agency is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following positions:
1. DIRECTOR OF PLANNING AND PROGRAMMES 1 POST (Three (3) years Renewable contract)
ZAPD seeks a senior professional with a global vision committed to human rights, especially for persons with disabilities to effectively develop innovative approaches, relationships with various stakeholders, government line Ministries, donors and other partners, Civil Society Organizations (CSO); and is persistent and determined to fight for the rights of vulnerable people especially for persons with disabilities.
Department/Unit: Planning and Programmes
Work station: Lusaka with frequent in-country travel (50%)
Reports To: Director General, ZAPD
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and implement programme development activities for Cran s Management.
- Establish policies, procedures and operational guidelines for all programmes.
- Evaluate programmes, provide on-site programme monitoring and reviews and provide feedback as needed.
- Report and discuss activity schedule plans with Director General and other Heads of Departments.
- Attend to all necessary programme workshops, events and training seminars.
- Communicate policy and information to programme staff at all levels.
- Communicate programmes status with Director General and other relevant authorities on a regular basis.
- Ensure availability, accessibility and use of strategic information regarding programming and prioritizing the multi-sectoral response and programme support services.
- Ensure that appropriate and consistent advocacy is undertaken in relation to Prevention,
- Impact Mitigation, treatment, care and SUPPOrt programmes.
- Oversees timely development and implementation of capacity building interventions in order to impart appropriate skills and knowledge.
- Manages effectively, the utilization of human, financial and materials resources in the directorate in order to ensure effective and efficient operations and the attainment of the directorate’s objective.
- Provide leadership to the strategic and operational plans and oversee their implementation.
- Promote ZAPD sustainability through strong fundraising and relevant relationships with donors.
- Maintain and foster partnerships with like-minded Agencies nationally, regionally and internationally.
- Enhance Partner with Disabled Persons Organizations (DPOs) to apply sustainable approaches in their project activities.
- Provide technical assistance 10 ensure Ihal persons with disabilities and their families are provided favourable opportunities to engage in sustainable livelihood activities.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure that disability issues are integrated into ZAPD Action
- Research and M&E activities and that the M&E system measures disabilities-related changes in targeted beneficiaries.
- Ensure engagement of the Board of Directors on all strategic matters by providing appropriate and timely information on the status of ZAPD Programmes.
Qualifications and Relevant Skills:
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies or Social Sciences is desirable
- Appropriate academic qualifications and/or including significant programme management experience may be considered
- Minimum of 5 years post qualifying experience in the same field.
- Experience in project management
- Must be 30 years and above.
Competencies / Personal Attributes
- Computer literate with good organizational and communication skills
- Good facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Must be mature and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Management and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently with advanced problem solving, appropriately
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
How to Apply
Successful applicants will be required to take up the appointment immediately. Women and Persons with Disabilities who meet the essential criteria are encouraged to apply.
Applications together with certified copies of relevant qualifications, curriculum vitae with three traceable referees and a daytime contact number, should be submitted by Friday 27th April 2018 to the undersigned;
The Zambia Agency for Persons with Disabilities P.O. Box 50073 Lusaka