Mothers2mothers Latest Job Vacancy in Zambia: PMTCT Specialist
- Company: mothers2mothers
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
mothers2mothers Zambia seeks to recruit a Provincial PMTCT Specialist for the JSI led, USAID Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) program in Zambia. The five-year project will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity, and transmission while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western.
USAID SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
The PMTCT Specialist is responsible for technical oversight and capacity building in the implementation, adaptation, and monitoring of the Mentor Mother Model under the USAID/PEPFAR Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) program. This position is responsible for providing technical support and guidance to USAID/PEPFAR SAFE on PMTCT/RMNCH issues and sharing and educating staff on new developments in the field. The PMTCT Specialist will also serve as m2m’s senior staff seconded to the project and is responsible for contributions to USAID/PEPFAR SAFE deliverables and ad-hoc reporting as well as line managing m2m-employed project staff.
The position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia, employed by m2m and seconded to the JSI-led USAID/PEPFAR SAFE program.
Key Performance Areas:
RMNCH Program Implementation
- Lead PMTCT/RMNCH program planning, implementation, and monitoring, with a specific focus on the Mentor Mother Model implementation across the three provinces, ensuring project objectives and targets are met;
- Provide technical support, capacity building, and guidance to USAID/PEPFAR SAFE project team on PMTCT/RMNCH issues and innovations;
- Lead the implementation of data-driven quality improvement initiatives for continuous programme improvement,
- Lead development of project PMTCT/RMNCH materials as required;
- Provide guidance on best practices in the field of PMTCT/RMNCH as applicable to Zambia and project team;
- Perform other duties as assigned
- As directed by the project leadership, participate in national technical working groups and committees and establish relationships with in-country technical partners and stakeholders in the area of PMTCT/RMNCH;
- Facilitate knowledge and information sharing of national and global PMTCT/RMNCH issues and developments among project team, and project learnings externally;
Reporting and Management
- Supervise project staff in multiple locations,
- Lead development of m2m deliverables/contributions to USAID/PEPFAR SAFE deliverables.
- Serve as m2m’s senior representative within the project consortium
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters in a relevant field including Public Health or other social science field;
- Minimum seven (7) years’ of progressively responsible, professional-level experience on PMTCT/RMNCH issues with at least three to five years’ experience in Zambia;
- Experience in planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and advising PMTCT/RMNCH programs or general health programs with PMTCT/RMNCH being a significant component;
- Experience in implementing complex integrated RMNCH programmes that may include HIV prevention, care, and treatment, PMTCT, SRH, MNCH, FP, NACS, WASH,
- Experience working in Zambia with government, non-governmental organizations, and private sector-partners; experience working with stakeholders at national, provincial, and district level and in public health programming in health facilities and communities;
- Experience working in USAID/PEPFAR programs strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in the conduct of technical on-site supervision using program tools,
- Experience supporting the use of electronic client management tools preferred,
- Ability to organize, analyze, interpret, and utilize epidemiological studies, program performance information, and other available quantitative and qualitative PMTCT/RMNCH data;
- Ability to work in a cross-functional project team, in a participatory and consensus-oriented environment to achieve results;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines;
- Ability to work within a matrix management structure;
- Ability to effectively address complex situations and solve problems using strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration and coordination with a diverse group of stakeholders in a dynamic, complex and rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to utilize basic computer programs effectively, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and a strong research background within RMNCH programming areas;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated experience with donor reporting and technical report writing preferred.
Fluent in English and Bemba